Jan 10, 2014, 10:20 PM EDT
The New York Rangers face an interesting opportunity in the early part of 2014: they seem to be getting it together (to an extent) and began a four-game homestand against the Dallas Stars on Friday. Of course, they’ve blown other opportunities to make up ground, but perhaps Rick Nash‘s impressive/fortunate game-winner is a sign that things might finally turn their way?
The Rangers won 3-2 in regulation.
Rangers head coach Alain Vigneault didn’t throw out the same kind of unique arithmetic when he assessed it.
“It was a big goal at the right time for us,” Vigneault said.
That goal serves as a painful break for Dallas. The Stars have now lost five games in a row, including three-games in the New York/New Jersey area. In many ways, they’ve been up-and-down much like the Rangers this season, so they probably see Nash’s falling goal as a far more negative sign. (Or at least a symbol of how things aren’t going their way lately.)
Jul 29, 2014, 12:01 PM EDT
IIHF Disciplinary Board levies punishment for “very forceful check.”
Jul 29, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
Was traded from Toronto on July 1.
Jul 29, 2014, 11:04 AM EDT
New Caps coach wants “people who are really good at distributing the puck and making things happen from the middle of the ice.”
Jul 29, 2014, 10:05 AM EDT
Had 11 goals and seven assists in 53 games last season.
Jul 29, 2014, 9:47 AM EDT
Expected to be healthy for training camp.
Jul 29, 2014, 9:35 AM EDT
Can become an unrestricted free agent next summer now.
Jul 29, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
They won the Stanley Cup together in Tampa Bay.
Jul 29, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Tuesday’s collection of links.
Jul 28, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
Both were part of Dallas’ 1999 championship.
Jul 28, 2014, 10:16 PM EDT
He was recently hired by the team to serve as an assistant general manager.
Jul 28, 2014, 9:09 PM EDT
That won’t be easy given the Bruins’ current logjam.
Jul 28, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
He might still end up playing in Russia.
Jul 28, 2014, 6:50 PM EDT
He attempted to make the transition to North America in 2013-14.
Jul 28, 2014, 5:42 PM EDT
The two sides are unlikely to agree to terms quickly though.
Jul 28, 2014, 4:37 PM EDT
Yashin and Bure are among the players that will compete against Los Angeles.
Jul 28, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
“I was told there’s a definite opportunity.”
Jul 28, 2014, 2:27 PM EDT
Former Anaheim forward posted a career high in points last year.
Jul 28, 2014, 2:01 PM EDT
With Riley Sheahan also signed, the only RFA left is Danny DeKeyser.
Jul 28, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
He’s appeared in over 150 NHL games with Chicago, Dallas and Minnesota.
Jul 28, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
Veteran goalie is high on his young teammates.
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 2
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 9
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)