Jan 10, 2014, 10:20 PM EDT
The New York Rangers face an interesting opportunity in the early part of 2014: they seem to be getting it together (to an extent) and began a four-game homestand against the Dallas Stars on Friday. Of course, they’ve blown other opportunities to make up ground, but perhaps Rick Nash‘s impressive/fortunate game-winner is a sign that things might finally turn their way?
The Rangers won 3-2 in regulation.
Rangers head coach Alain Vigneault didn’t throw out the same kind of unique arithmetic when he assessed it.
“It was a big goal at the right time for us,” Vigneault said.
That goal serves as a painful break for Dallas. The Stars have now lost five games in a row, including three-games in the New York/New Jersey area. In many ways, they’ve been up-and-down much like the Rangers this season, so they probably see Nash’s falling goal as a far more negative sign. (Or at least a symbol of how things aren’t going their way lately.)
Oct 30, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
If he could get going, Dallas wouldn’t be as reliant on its top line.
Oct 30, 2014, 8:01 AM EDT
The numbers are even more striking when you compare Oct. 2014 to Oct. 2003
Oct 30, 2014, 12:56 AM EDT
Nashville continues its strong start to 2014-15.
Oct 29, 2014, 11:50 PM EDT
He sat out the third period for Grand Rapids because of soreness.
Oct 29, 2014, 11:21 PM EDT
Interesting discussion between Bob McKenzie and Mike Milbury.
Oct 29, 2014, 10:45 PM EDT
Some controversial calls on a light Wednesday night.
Oct 29, 2014, 10:19 PM EDT
Detroit’s big guns came through.
Oct 29, 2014, 9:39 PM EDT
Oct 29, 2014, 8:53 PM EDT
Gustav Nyquist got that 1-0 lead back.
Oct 29, 2014, 8:06 PM EDT
Oct 29, 2014, 7:33 PM EDT
“No news is bad news” for the veteran forward.
Oct 29, 2014, 7:14 PM EDT
Also: a fun story from Mike Milbury’s playing days.
Oct 29, 2014, 7:04 PM EDT
It appears that the health of “Mr. Hockey” has been improving.
Oct 29, 2014, 6:45 PM EDT
He hopes to end his scoring slump against Detroit tonight.
Oct 29, 2014, 6:33 PM EDT
Can Alex Ovechkin break his cold streak?
Oct 29, 2014, 6:19 PM EDT
Markus Granlund gets called up amid many injuries.
Oct 29, 2014, 5:50 PM EDT
“Right now, the playing situation is out of my control.”
Oct 29, 2014, 5:21 PM EDT
Punished for making the head the primary point of contact.
Oct 29, 2014, 5:05 PM EDT
Colorado has just two wins in its first 10 outings.
Oct 29, 2014, 4:21 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 4
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 4
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 36
- Report: Gryba, Tropp avoid punishment after getting tossed for hits 6
- What they’re saying about the Sabres (and it’s not good) 21
- NHL on NBCSN: Caps, Red Wings battle after hotly contested 13-14 series 5
- Miller wins 300th, Canes finish Oct. without single victory 7
- Video: Backes crashes into Daley, falls to ice hard (Updated) 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (61)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)