Jan 10, 2014, 10:20 PM EDT
The New York Rangers face an interesting opportunity in the early part of 2014: they seem to be getting it together (to an extent) and began a four-game homestand against the Dallas Stars on Friday. Of course, they’ve blown other opportunities to make up ground, but perhaps Rick Nash‘s impressive/fortunate game-winner is a sign that things might finally turn their way?
The Rangers won 3-2 in regulation.
Rangers head coach Alain Vigneault didn’t throw out the same kind of unique arithmetic when he assessed it.
“It was a big goal at the right time for us,” Vigneault said.
That goal serves as a painful break for Dallas. The Stars have now lost five games in a row, including three-games in the New York/New Jersey area. In many ways, they’ve been up-and-down much like the Rangers this season, so they probably see Nash’s falling goal as a far more negative sign. (Or at least a symbol of how things aren’t going their way lately.)
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 4
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 58
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 58
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)