Jan 10, 2014, 12:27 AM EDT
The St. Louis Blues just keep on winning, and winning big.
The Blues stomped on the struggling Calgary Flames by a final score of 5-0 on Thursday evening, giving them their seventh consecutive victory. Add to that the fact they’ve scored five or more goals in their last four games – granted two of those came against the worst teams in the Pacific Division, including the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday.
(Meanwhile, the Flames, searching for truculence, have been outscored 11-0 in their last two games and shut out five times in seven games since the schedule resumed after the holiday break.)
It all sets up for a meeting with the struggling Vancouver Canucks at Rogers Arena on Friday.
The Blues go into the match-up now atop the Central Division. They’re tied in points with the Chicago Blackhawks at 67, but have two more wins, two more regulation-overtime wins and three games in hand.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 2
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 13
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 24
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 42
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)