Jan 10, 2014, 9:46 PM EDT
The Carolina Hurricanes seemed to fight off fatigue pretty well on Friday in playing back-to-back games, but they couldn’t solve Sergei Bobrovsky. The Columbus Blue Jackets’ goalie stopped all 36 shots to power his team past the Canes by a score of 3-0 tonight.
“That’s the Bob we all know and love,” Atkinson said.
“Bob” seems like he’s indeed starting to heat up, at least when injuries aren’t getting in the way. The Russian netminder has won four games in a row and five of his last six games; unfortunately, that streak includes two games in January, one in December and three in November, so maybe it’s not fair to call it a streak at all.
Carolina came into today with what was definitely a strong streak, though, as the Hurricanes had won four consecutive contests. This represents an end of a streak for surging backup Anton Khudobin, too, as he saw his 2013-14 record drop to 6-1-0.
(Actually, make that at least three runs that end for Carolina. Jeff Skinner‘s six-game point streak is finished, although not for a lack of trying, as he fired seven shots on goal.)
Could this be the spark that Columbus needs to be better than the .500 (20-20-4) team they are? That’s anyone’s guess, as people were left pondering similar thoughts about Carolina (now 19-17-9) on Thursday night.
If nothing else, Blue Jackets fans can at least point back to this dazzling save:
Oct 24, 2014, 11:55 AM EDT
Click to see Boston’s schedule through the end of November.
Oct 24, 2014, 11:27 AM EDT
Oct 24, 2014, 11:13 AM EDT
Retroactive to Oct. 21.
Oct 24, 2014, 10:59 AM EDT
“We’ve given up more odd-man rushes in six hockey games than we did in two months last year.”
Oct 24, 2014, 10:54 AM EDT
“Talks are open-ended.”
Oct 24, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
Boston attempts to fill hole left by Chara.
Oct 24, 2014, 9:06 AM EDT
The Wild center becomes a restricted free agent after this season.
Oct 24, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
With time off in Calgary, players participate in team building event.
Oct 24, 2014, 2:04 AM EDT
Scott Hartnell’s four assists included a wondrous “kick-pass.”
Oct 24, 2014, 1:35 AM EDT
His 33rd goose egg breaks a brief tie with Rogie Vachon.
Oct 24, 2014, 1:14 AM EDT
This one didn’t come against Colorado, either.
Oct 24, 2014, 12:50 AM EDT
They’ll also have a tribute to Nathan Cirillo.
Oct 24, 2014, 12:49 AM EDT
Chris Kelly calls him “irreplaceable.”
Oct 24, 2014, 12:07 AM EDT
Grim times for Carolina.
Oct 23, 2014, 11:33 PM EDT
The Bruins haven’t confirmed or denied the dire update.
Oct 23, 2014, 11:29 PM EDT
Is “revenge” too strong of a word for it?
Oct 23, 2014, 10:44 PM EDT
Pekka Rinne wasn’t too shabby, either.
Oct 23, 2014, 10:22 PM EDT
Pavel Datsyuk, Henrik Zetterberg and Niklas Kronwall made it happen.
Oct 23, 2014, 9:33 PM EDT
Bad update for the Islanders.
Oct 23, 2014, 8:14 PM EDT
Was it the big hit he landed on John Tavares?
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 1
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 27
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)