Jan 10, 2014, 9:46 PM EDT
The Carolina Hurricanes seemed to fight off fatigue pretty well on Friday in playing back-to-back games, but they couldn’t solve Sergei Bobrovsky. The Columbus Blue Jackets’ goalie stopped all 36 shots to power his team past the Canes by a score of 3-0 tonight.
“That’s the Bob we all know and love,” Atkinson said.
“Bob” seems like he’s indeed starting to heat up, at least when injuries aren’t getting in the way. The Russian netminder has won four games in a row and five of his last six games; unfortunately, that streak includes two games in January, one in December and three in November, so maybe it’s not fair to call it a streak at all.
Carolina came into today with what was definitely a strong streak, though, as the Hurricanes had won four consecutive contests. This represents an end of a streak for surging backup Anton Khudobin, too, as he saw his 2013-14 record drop to 6-1-0.
(Actually, make that at least three runs that end for Carolina. Jeff Skinner‘s six-game point streak is finished, although not for a lack of trying, as he fired seven shots on goal.)
Could this be the spark that Columbus needs to be better than the .500 (20-20-4) team they are? That’s anyone’s guess, as people were left pondering similar thoughts about Carolina (now 19-17-9) on Thursday night.
If nothing else, Blue Jackets fans can at least point back to this dazzling save:
Apr 25, 2015, 6:10 PM EDT
He made his postseason debut in Game 4.
Apr 25, 2015, 6:03 PM EDT
Plenty of life on Long Island.
Apr 25, 2015, 5:48 PM EDT
Apr 25, 2015, 5:20 PM EDT
Keep this bounce in mind in the third period.
Apr 25, 2015, 4:58 PM EDT
He’s been ruled out of the series due to a rib injury.
Apr 25, 2015, 4:25 PM EDT
Carlson has his first of the playoffs.
Apr 25, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
Kudos to the Cambria County War Memorial Arena in Johnstown, Pennsylvania and the Decatur Civic Center in Decatur, Illinois.
Apr 25, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
He’ll backup for a fourth straight game.
Apr 25, 2015, 2:55 PM EDT
New York, Nashville and Vancouver are all facing elimination today.
Apr 25, 2015, 2:25 PM EDT
Both were in their first season with the hockey club.
Apr 25, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
He helped Russia win gold last year.
Apr 25, 2015, 1:32 PM EDT
Happened on Wednesday in Vancouver.
Apr 25, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Bickell and Versteeg swap spots.
Apr 25, 2015, 12:25 PM EDT
“Thought it was a typo.”
Apr 25, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
He declined an invite to the Worlds because of the injury.
Apr 25, 2015, 10:45 AM EDT
He announced his retirement from international competition nearly a year ago.
Apr 25, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
Canucks , Preds and Islanders look to avoid elimination.
Apr 25, 2015, 12:28 AM EDT
St. Louis couldn’t capitalize on an early lead.
Apr 24, 2015, 11:30 PM EDT
Pittsburgh and Ottawa need to win to survive.
Apr 24, 2015, 11:24 PM EDT
He didn’t get a point in the first round.
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 9
- Everything happens: Ovechkin nails Tavares, Isles score 8
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 17
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 32
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)