Jan 10, 2014, 9:46 PM EDT
The Carolina Hurricanes seemed to fight off fatigue pretty well on Friday in playing back-to-back games, but they couldn’t solve Sergei Bobrovsky. The Columbus Blue Jackets’ goalie stopped all 36 shots to power his team past the Canes by a score of 3-0 tonight.
“That’s the Bob we all know and love,” Atkinson said.
“Bob” seems like he’s indeed starting to heat up, at least when injuries aren’t getting in the way. The Russian netminder has won four games in a row and five of his last six games; unfortunately, that streak includes two games in January, one in December and three in November, so maybe it’s not fair to call it a streak at all.
Carolina came into today with what was definitely a strong streak, though, as the Hurricanes had won four consecutive contests. This represents an end of a streak for surging backup Anton Khudobin, too, as he saw his 2013-14 record drop to 6-1-0.
(Actually, make that at least three runs that end for Carolina. Jeff Skinner‘s six-game point streak is finished, although not for a lack of trying, as he fired seven shots on goal.)
Could this be the spark that Columbus needs to be better than the .500 (20-20-4) team they are? That’s anyone’s guess, as people were left pondering similar thoughts about Carolina (now 19-17-9) on Thursday night.
If nothing else, Blue Jackets fans can at least point back to this dazzling save:
Oct 31, 2014, 2:30 AM EDT
Rookie Jonathan Drouin played less than 10 minutes in the win.
Oct 31, 2014, 2:00 AM EDT
Not quite a fight.
Oct 31, 2014, 1:34 AM EDT
Michel Therrien “That was a dirty hit to the head”
Oct 31, 2014, 1:01 AM EDT
Canucks conclude October with a 7-3 record.
Oct 31, 2014, 12:40 AM EDT
Picked up his 1,000th point.
Oct 31, 2014, 12:02 AM EDT
Scores twice in 5-0 win.
Oct 30, 2014, 11:26 PM EDT
Adds defensive depth.
Oct 30, 2014, 10:56 PM EDT
Allegedly endorsed a New York Islanders pay check to cover gambling debt
Oct 30, 2014, 9:55 PM EDT
End an 0-18 skid.
Oct 30, 2014, 9:40 PM EDT
The play was reviewed and was ruled a good goal.
Oct 30, 2014, 9:17 PM EDT
Collided with Alex Steen of the Blues.
Oct 30, 2014, 9:01 PM EDT
Gets a lucky bounce off Zach Parise.
Oct 30, 2014, 8:48 PM EDT
Absent from tonight’s game against the Blackhawks.
Oct 30, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
Was slow to the bench, but remains in the game.
Oct 30, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
Recovering from a lower body injury.
Oct 30, 2014, 7:40 PM EDT
Nice feed to Kunitz
Oct 30, 2014, 7:25 PM EDT
Two big boys land some pretty good shots.
Oct 30, 2014, 7:07 PM EDT
Abdominal injury hits the center once again.
Oct 30, 2014, 6:28 PM EDT
Adds depth as Toronto travels to Columbus.
Oct 30, 2014, 5:24 PM EDT
“I don’t know too many people who jump into the league at 19 (years old) and are playing 22 minutes a night, it just doesn’t really happen.”
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 5
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 19
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 20
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)