Jan 10, 2014, 9:46 PM EDT
The Carolina Hurricanes seemed to fight off fatigue pretty well on Friday in playing back-to-back games, but they couldn’t solve Sergei Bobrovsky. The Columbus Blue Jackets’ goalie stopped all 36 shots to power his team past the Canes by a score of 3-0 tonight.
“That’s the Bob we all know and love,” Atkinson said.
“Bob” seems like he’s indeed starting to heat up, at least when injuries aren’t getting in the way. The Russian netminder has won four games in a row and five of his last six games; unfortunately, that streak includes two games in January, one in December and three in November, so maybe it’s not fair to call it a streak at all.
Carolina came into today with what was definitely a strong streak, though, as the Hurricanes had won four consecutive contests. This represents an end of a streak for surging backup Anton Khudobin, too, as he saw his 2013-14 record drop to 6-1-0.
(Actually, make that at least three runs that end for Carolina. Jeff Skinner‘s six-game point streak is finished, although not for a lack of trying, as he fired seven shots on goal.)
Could this be the spark that Columbus needs to be better than the .500 (20-20-4) team they are? That’s anyone’s guess, as people were left pondering similar thoughts about Carolina (now 19-17-9) on Thursday night.
If nothing else, Blue Jackets fans can at least point back to this dazzling save:
Mar 28, 2015, 2:16 AM EDT
A round-up of scores from Friday’s NCAA action.
Mar 28, 2015, 12:52 AM EDT
Their in Vancouver to face the Canucks on Saturday.
Mar 28, 2015, 12:08 AM EDT
Crawford pulled in the first period.
Mar 27, 2015, 11:28 PM EDT
Crawford was pulled late in the first period.
Mar 27, 2015, 10:55 PM EDT
That’s a blow to Calgary’s post-season hopes.
Mar 27, 2015, 10:00 PM EDT
Nine points since joining Florida.
Mar 27, 2015, 9:17 PM EDT
Not a great start for Chicago.
Mar 27, 2015, 8:47 PM EDT
The club says he’s expected to make a full recovery.
Mar 27, 2015, 8:00 PM EDT
New York plays twice this weekend.
Mar 27, 2015, 7:15 PM EDT
They play in Philadelphia on Saturday.
Mar 27, 2015, 6:24 PM EDT
Hasn’t played since Feb. 24.
Mar 27, 2015, 5:25 PM EDT
Terriers move one step closer to the Frozen Four.
Mar 27, 2015, 5:01 PM EDT
“In the middle of the ice in our system, it’s a lot of work.”
Mar 27, 2015, 4:34 PM EDT
And, quite possibly, for the remainder of the season.
Mar 27, 2015, 4:06 PM EDT
Nail-biting time for Bruins fans.
Mar 27, 2015, 3:35 PM EDT
Joins Pavel Datsyuk and Erik Cole on the shelf.
Mar 27, 2015, 2:33 PM EDT
Mar 27, 2015, 2:23 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Mar 27, 2015, 2:05 PM EDT
26-15-5 in their last 46 games.
Mar 27, 2015, 12:36 PM EDT
Washington sophomore now $2,000 lighter in the pocket.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 56
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)