Jan 10, 2014, 1:09 AM EDT
With the score no longer close, some late-game rough stuff broke out between the Detroit Red Wings and San Jose Sharks on Thursday.
The Sharks, thanks to three unanswered goals in the second period, defeated the visiting Red Wings 4-1.
The final few minutes of the third period saw two fights and some other incidents, including Red Wings’ forward Todd Bertuzzi throwing his helmet at Sharks’ forward Tommy Wingels following a scrum, according to Twitter reports from David Pollak of the San Jose Mercury News and Kevin Kurz of CSN Bay Area.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25