Jan 10, 2014, 1:09 AM EDT
With the score no longer close, some late-game rough stuff broke out between the Detroit Red Wings and San Jose Sharks on Thursday.
The Sharks, thanks to three unanswered goals in the second period, defeated the visiting Red Wings 4-1.
The final few minutes of the third period saw two fights and some other incidents, including Red Wings’ forward Todd Bertuzzi throwing his helmet at Sharks’ forward Tommy Wingels following a scrum, according to Twitter reports from David Pollak of the San Jose Mercury News and Kevin Kurz of CSN Bay Area.
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 0
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 40
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 29
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 15
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8