Jan 10, 2014, 1:09 AM EST
With the score no longer close, some late-game rough stuff broke out between the Detroit Red Wings and San Jose Sharks on Thursday.
The Sharks, thanks to three unanswered goals in the second period, defeated the visiting Red Wings 4-1.
The final few minutes of the third period saw two fights and some other incidents, including Red Wings’ forward Todd Bertuzzi throwing his helmet at Sharks’ forward Tommy Wingels following a scrum, according to Twitter reports from David Pollak of the San Jose Mercury News and Kevin Kurz of CSN Bay Area.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 13
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)