Jan 10, 2014, 1:09 AM EDT
With the score no longer close, some late-game rough stuff broke out between the Detroit Red Wings and San Jose Sharks on Thursday.
The Sharks, thanks to three unanswered goals in the second period, defeated the visiting Red Wings 4-1.
The final few minutes of the third period saw two fights and some other incidents, including Red Wings’ forward Todd Bertuzzi throwing his helmet at Sharks’ forward Tommy Wingels following a scrum, according to Twitter reports from David Pollak of the San Jose Mercury News and Kevin Kurz of CSN Bay Area.
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 14
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 39
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 90
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (90)