Jan 10, 2014, 1:09 AM EDT
With the score no longer close, some late-game rough stuff broke out between the Detroit Red Wings and San Jose Sharks on Thursday.
The Sharks, thanks to three unanswered goals in the second period, defeated the visiting Red Wings 4-1.
The final few minutes of the third period saw two fights and some other incidents, including Red Wings’ forward Todd Bertuzzi throwing his helmet at Sharks’ forward Tommy Wingels following a scrum, according to Twitter reports from David Pollak of the San Jose Mercury News and Kevin Kurz of CSN Bay Area.
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 0
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 27
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 11
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 44
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)