Jan 10, 2014, 6:56 PM EDT
While anonymous Pittsburgh Penguins claim that the Winnipeg Jets have “no real plan for what they’re doing” on the ice, it’s clear the franchise is anxious to at least do … something. Unlike moving Dustin Byfuglien back to forward, recalling defenseman Zach Redmond doesn’t qualify as a significant change, but it points to the Jets trying to turn things around amid a four-game losing streak.
Redmond, 25, has spent most his time this season with the St. John’s IceCaps in the AHL, generating 13 points in 17 games. He’s logged three games with the Jets this season and 11 overall in his career.
It may not seem noteworthy for a seventh-rounder to get a cup of coffee at the NHL level, but when you consider his comeback last season from an absolutely frightening injury, it’s a nice story.
The Jets are probably more interested in winning games (and having struggling players turn things around) than reminding us of one player’s amazing recovery from a health scare, though.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 26
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)