Jan 10, 2014, 6:56 PM EDT
While anonymous Pittsburgh Penguins claim that the Winnipeg Jets have “no real plan for what they’re doing” on the ice, it’s clear the franchise is anxious to at least do … something. Unlike moving Dustin Byfuglien back to forward, recalling defenseman Zach Redmond doesn’t qualify as a significant change, but it points to the Jets trying to turn things around amid a four-game losing streak.
Redmond, 25, has spent most his time this season with the St. John’s IceCaps in the AHL, generating 13 points in 17 games. He’s logged three games with the Jets this season and 11 overall in his career.
It may not seem noteworthy for a seventh-rounder to get a cup of coffee at the NHL level, but when you consider his comeback last season from an absolutely frightening injury, it’s a nice story.
The Jets are probably more interested in winning games (and having struggling players turn things around) than reminding us of one player’s amazing recovery from a health scare, though.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)