Jan 10, 2014, 6:20 PM EST
The Detroit Red Wings face uncertainty regarding whether some key centers can play in the team’s weekend back-to-back set in California, so they recalled Riley Sheehan from the AHL just in case.
The Red Wings are unsure if Pavel Datsyuk and/or Darren Helm will be able to go in either of the team’s games on Saturday (in Los Angeles) or Sunday (at Anaheim) because of groin injuries. Johan Franzen seems even less likely as he continues to deal with concussion issues, as the Detroit Free Press discusses.
The Free Press reports that the team won’t have a better idea about who will be in or out into Saturday (and then probably Sunday) morning.
Sheahan, 22, has six games of NHL experience spread out over three seasons, including four this season (he collected his two NHL assists in 2013-14). He has 18 points in 28 AHL contests with the Grand Rapids Griffins this season after scoring 36 in 72 during the 2012-13 campaign.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (149)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)