Jan 10, 2014, 6:20 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings face uncertainty regarding whether some key centers can play in the team’s weekend back-to-back set in California, so they recalled Riley Sheehan from the AHL just in case.
The Red Wings are unsure if Pavel Datsyuk and/or Darren Helm will be able to go in either of the team’s games on Saturday (in Los Angeles) or Sunday (at Anaheim) because of groin injuries. Johan Franzen seems even less likely as he continues to deal with concussion issues, as the Detroit Free Press discusses.
The Free Press reports that the team won’t have a better idea about who will be in or out into Saturday (and then probably Sunday) morning.
Sheahan, 22, has six games of NHL experience spread out over three seasons, including four this season (he collected his two NHL assists in 2013-14). He has 18 points in 28 AHL contests with the Grand Rapids Griffins this season after scoring 36 in 72 during the 2012-13 campaign.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)