Jan 10, 2014, 6:20 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings face uncertainty regarding whether some key centers can play in the team’s weekend back-to-back set in California, so they recalled Riley Sheehan from the AHL just in case.
The Red Wings are unsure if Pavel Datsyuk and/or Darren Helm will be able to go in either of the team’s games on Saturday (in Los Angeles) or Sunday (at Anaheim) because of groin injuries. Johan Franzen seems even less likely as he continues to deal with concussion issues, as the Detroit Free Press discusses.
The Free Press reports that the team won’t have a better idea about who will be in or out into Saturday (and then probably Sunday) morning.
Sheahan, 22, has six games of NHL experience spread out over three seasons, including four this season (he collected his two NHL assists in 2013-14). He has 18 points in 28 AHL contests with the Grand Rapids Griffins this season after scoring 36 in 72 during the 2012-13 campaign.
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 2
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 10
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 34
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 6
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 55
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 42
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20