Jan 10, 2014, 6:20 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings face uncertainty regarding whether some key centers can play in the team’s weekend back-to-back set in California, so they recalled Riley Sheehan from the AHL just in case.
The Red Wings are unsure if Pavel Datsyuk and/or Darren Helm will be able to go in either of the team’s games on Saturday (in Los Angeles) or Sunday (at Anaheim) because of groin injuries. Johan Franzen seems even less likely as he continues to deal with concussion issues, as the Detroit Free Press discusses.
The Free Press reports that the team won’t have a better idea about who will be in or out into Saturday (and then probably Sunday) morning.
Sheahan, 22, has six games of NHL experience spread out over three seasons, including four this season (he collected his two NHL assists in 2013-14). He has 18 points in 28 AHL contests with the Grand Rapids Griffins this season after scoring 36 in 72 during the 2012-13 campaign.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (85)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)