Jan 10, 2014, 6:20 PM EST
The Detroit Red Wings face uncertainty regarding whether some key centers can play in the team’s weekend back-to-back set in California, so they recalled Riley Sheehan from the AHL just in case.
The Red Wings are unsure if Pavel Datsyuk and/or Darren Helm will be able to go in either of the team’s games on Saturday (in Los Angeles) or Sunday (at Anaheim) because of groin injuries. Johan Franzen seems even less likely as he continues to deal with concussion issues, as the Detroit Free Press discusses.
The Free Press reports that the team won’t have a better idea about who will be in or out into Saturday (and then probably Sunday) morning.
Sheahan, 22, has six games of NHL experience spread out over three seasons, including four this season (he collected his two NHL assists in 2013-14). He has 18 points in 28 AHL contests with the Grand Rapids Griffins this season after scoring 36 in 72 during the 2012-13 campaign.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 0
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 52
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (52)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)