Jan 10, 2014, 11:08 AM EST
Mikhail Grigorenko doesn’t want to go back to junior again. He wants to stay in Buffalo, playing in the NHL.
“I really want to stay here,” the 19-year-old Sabres forward said Thursday, per the Buffalo News. “I did everything they wanted me to do. I didn’t really complain much. I just knew it was the best thing in the moment but hopefully I’m done with traveling. I just want to stay here.”
But with Grigorenko having scored just two goals and an assist in 18 games this season, one of the big questions for new general manager Tim Murray is whether the 12th overall pick in the 2012 draft is better off playing limited minutes with the Sabres, or if his long-term development would be aided with another stint in the QMJHL with the Quebec Remparts.
“There are two scenarios and we’ll decide one of those two here very quickly,” Murray said yesterday.
Of note, a story published this morning in the French-language newspaper Le Soleil had the headline (translated), “Grigorenko near a return with the Remparts.”
Related: Grigorenko in limbo
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 30
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 4
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 12
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 50
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)