Jan 10, 2014, 11:08 AM EDT
Mikhail Grigorenko doesn’t want to go back to junior again. He wants to stay in Buffalo, playing in the NHL.
“I really want to stay here,” the 19-year-old Sabres forward said Thursday, per the Buffalo News. “I did everything they wanted me to do. I didn’t really complain much. I just knew it was the best thing in the moment but hopefully I’m done with traveling. I just want to stay here.”
But with Grigorenko having scored just two goals and an assist in 18 games this season, one of the big questions for new general manager Tim Murray is whether the 12th overall pick in the 2012 draft is better off playing limited minutes with the Sabres, or if his long-term development would be aided with another stint in the QMJHL with the Quebec Remparts.
“There are two scenarios and we’ll decide one of those two here very quickly,” Murray said yesterday.
Of note, a story published this morning in the French-language newspaper Le Soleil had the headline (translated), “Grigorenko near a return with the Remparts.”
Related: Grigorenko in limbo
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 27
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 78
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (82)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)