Jan 10, 2014, 2:58 PM EST
All the latest from the crease…
Bernier in for beleaguered Leafs
Jonathan Bernier will try to stop the bleeding tonight when the Leafs take on the Caps at Verizon.
Bernier’s start comes at the expense of James Reimer, who played last night versus Carolina and, according to Randy Carlyle, had a shot at getting the nod tonight if he did well against the ‘Canes — which Reimer did not, allowing six goals in a blowout loss.
Bernier’s last start was an ugly loss to the Islanders, so the hope is he’ll be extra motivated tonight as Toronto looks to snap a three-game losing streak.
Washington hasn’t announced its starter yet, FYI.
Elliott goes for St. Louis
Elliott allowed just two goals on 18 shots in a win over Edmonton on Tuesday, pushing his record on the year to a stellar 13-1-2. Elliott also has a 1.86 GAA and .926 save percentage this season.
Like Washington, Vancouver has yet to announce it’s starter for tonight, though it’s expected to be Eddie Lack.
‘Canes at Blue Jackets: Sergei Bobrovsky for Columbus. No confirmation yet from Carolina.
- Ovechkin becomes fifth player to start career with 10 straight 30+ goal seasons 0
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 0
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 21
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 16
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 14
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 10
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61