Jan 10, 2014, 2:58 PM EDT
All the latest from the crease…
Bernier in for beleaguered Leafs
Jonathan Bernier will try to stop the bleeding tonight when the Leafs take on the Caps at Verizon.
Bernier’s start comes at the expense of James Reimer, who played last night versus Carolina and, according to Randy Carlyle, had a shot at getting the nod tonight if he did well against the ‘Canes — which Reimer did not, allowing six goals in a blowout loss.
Bernier’s last start was an ugly loss to the Islanders, so the hope is he’ll be extra motivated tonight as Toronto looks to snap a three-game losing streak.
Washington hasn’t announced its starter yet, FYI.
Elliott goes for St. Louis
Elliott allowed just two goals on 18 shots in a win over Edmonton on Tuesday, pushing his record on the year to a stellar 13-1-2. Elliott also has a 1.86 GAA and .926 save percentage this season.
Like Washington, Vancouver has yet to announce it’s starter for tonight, though it’s expected to be Eddie Lack.
‘Canes at Blue Jackets: Sergei Bobrovsky for Columbus. No confirmation yet from Carolina.
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)