Jan 10, 2014, 2:58 PM EST
All the latest from the crease…
Bernier in for beleaguered Leafs
Jonathan Bernier will try to stop the bleeding tonight when the Leafs take on the Caps at Verizon.
Bernier’s start comes at the expense of James Reimer, who played last night versus Carolina and, according to Randy Carlyle, had a shot at getting the nod tonight if he did well against the ‘Canes — which Reimer did not, allowing six goals in a blowout loss.
Bernier’s last start was an ugly loss to the Islanders, so the hope is he’ll be extra motivated tonight as Toronto looks to snap a three-game losing streak.
Washington hasn’t announced its starter yet, FYI.
Elliott goes for St. Louis
Elliott allowed just two goals on 18 shots in a win over Edmonton on Tuesday, pushing his record on the year to a stellar 13-1-2. Elliott also has a 1.86 GAA and .926 save percentage this season.
Like Washington, Vancouver has yet to announce it’s starter for tonight, though it’s expected to be Eddie Lack.
‘Canes at Blue Jackets: Sergei Bobrovsky for Columbus. No confirmation yet from Carolina.
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 0
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 13
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (68)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)