Jan 10, 2014, 2:58 PM EST
All the latest from the crease…
Bernier in for beleaguered Leafs
Jonathan Bernier will try to stop the bleeding tonight when the Leafs take on the Caps at Verizon.
Bernier’s start comes at the expense of James Reimer, who played last night versus Carolina and, according to Randy Carlyle, had a shot at getting the nod tonight if he did well against the ‘Canes — which Reimer did not, allowing six goals in a blowout loss.
Bernier’s last start was an ugly loss to the Islanders, so the hope is he’ll be extra motivated tonight as Toronto looks to snap a three-game losing streak.
Washington hasn’t announced its starter yet, FYI.
Elliott goes for St. Louis
Elliott allowed just two goals on 18 shots in a win over Edmonton on Tuesday, pushing his record on the year to a stellar 13-1-2. Elliott also has a 1.86 GAA and .926 save percentage this season.
Like Washington, Vancouver has yet to announce it’s starter for tonight, though it’s expected to be Eddie Lack.
‘Canes at Blue Jackets: Sergei Bobrovsky for Columbus. No confirmation yet from Carolina.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11