Jan 10, 2014, 2:58 PM EDT
All the latest from the crease…
Bernier in for beleaguered Leafs
Jonathan Bernier will try to stop the bleeding tonight when the Leafs take on the Caps at Verizon.
Bernier’s start comes at the expense of James Reimer, who played last night versus Carolina and, according to Randy Carlyle, had a shot at getting the nod tonight if he did well against the ‘Canes — which Reimer did not, allowing six goals in a blowout loss.
Bernier’s last start was an ugly loss to the Islanders, so the hope is he’ll be extra motivated tonight as Toronto looks to snap a three-game losing streak.
Washington hasn’t announced its starter yet, FYI.
Elliott goes for St. Louis
Elliott allowed just two goals on 18 shots in a win over Edmonton on Tuesday, pushing his record on the year to a stellar 13-1-2. Elliott also has a 1.86 GAA and .926 save percentage this season.
Like Washington, Vancouver has yet to announce it’s starter for tonight, though it’s expected to be Eddie Lack.
‘Canes at Blue Jackets: Sergei Bobrovsky for Columbus. No confirmation yet from Carolina.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)