Jan 10, 2014, 10:41 AM EDT
The injury Blake Comeau suffered during Thursday’s practice is more serious than first thought.
The 27-year-old will be missed, as he’s been a lineup regular for the Jackets this year. Comeau’s played in all 43 games, scoring three goals and 11 points while averaging 12:22 TOI per game.
Acquired at last year’s trade deadline from Calgary, Comeau re-upped with Columbus on a one-year, $1 million contract extension in July.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5