Jan 10, 2014, 10:41 AM EDT
The injury Blake Comeau suffered during Thursday’s practice is more serious than first thought.
The 27-year-old will be missed, as he’s been a lineup regular for the Jackets this year. Comeau’s played in all 43 games, scoring three goals and 11 points while averaging 12:22 TOI per game.
Acquired at last year’s trade deadline from Calgary, Comeau re-upped with Columbus on a one-year, $1 million contract extension in July.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 33
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 28
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 15
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22