Jan 10, 2014, 8:55 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins will be a little extra shorthanded on defense against the San Jose Sharks on Saturday, but for a good reason. Actually, make that two good reasons, as it’s believed that defenseman Johnny Boychuk‘s wife is will give birth to twins this weekend.
While it provides most fans a reason (er, again, two reasons) to smile, the Bruins probably hope he’ll get back soon, as they’re already adjusting to life without Dennis Seidenberg. Boychuk, 29, has averaged about 20:30 minutes per night the last four seasons, specifically 20:50 per game in 2013-14. He has 13 points in 41 contests, to boot.
It seems like Kevan Miller will enter the B’s lineup in Boychuk’s absence, according to CSNNE.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 4
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 26
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)