Jan 10, 2014, 8:55 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins will be a little extra shorthanded on defense against the San Jose Sharks on Saturday, but for a good reason. Actually, make that two good reasons, as it’s believed that defenseman Johnny Boychuk‘s wife is will give birth to twins this weekend.
While it provides most fans a reason (er, again, two reasons) to smile, the Bruins probably hope he’ll get back soon, as they’re already adjusting to life without Dennis Seidenberg. Boychuk, 29, has averaged about 20:30 minutes per night the last four seasons, specifically 20:50 per game in 2013-14. He has 13 points in 41 contests, to boot.
It seems like Kevan Miller will enter the B’s lineup in Boychuk’s absence, according to CSNNE.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20