Jan 10, 2014, 8:55 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins will be a little extra shorthanded on defense against the San Jose Sharks on Saturday, but for a good reason. Actually, make that two good reasons, as it’s believed that defenseman Johnny Boychuk‘s wife is will give birth to twins this weekend.
While it provides most fans a reason (er, again, two reasons) to smile, the Bruins probably hope he’ll get back soon, as they’re already adjusting to life without Dennis Seidenberg. Boychuk, 29, has averaged about 20:30 minutes per night the last four seasons, specifically 20:50 per game in 2013-14. He has 13 points in 41 contests, to boot.
It seems like Kevan Miller will enter the B’s lineup in Boychuk’s absence, according to CSNNE.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7