Jan 10, 2014, 8:55 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins will be a little extra shorthanded on defense against the San Jose Sharks on Saturday, but for a good reason. Actually, make that two good reasons, as it’s believed that defenseman Johnny Boychuk‘s wife is will give birth to twins this weekend.
While it provides most fans a reason (er, again, two reasons) to smile, the Bruins probably hope he’ll get back soon, as they’re already adjusting to life without Dennis Seidenberg. Boychuk, 29, has averaged about 20:30 minutes per night the last four seasons, specifically 20:50 per game in 2013-14. He has 13 points in 41 contests, to boot.
It seems like Kevan Miller will enter the B’s lineup in Boychuk’s absence, according to CSNNE.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 7
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 14
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31