Jan 9, 2014, 11:35 PM EDT
Tomas Tatar has done it again.
The Detroit Red Wings forward scored another beautiful goal, this time he did it against the San Jose Sharks on Thursday. Tatar put on a stick-handling clinic behind the San Jose net – it helped that Marc-Edouard Vlasic didn’t have a stick to defend with – and then brought the puck out and went top corner with a backhander on Antti Niemi.
Tatar also scored another breathtaking goal on Saturday – a definite goal of the year candidate – when he beat two Dallas Stars defensemen and scored, again, on the backhand.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 24
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 41
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 100
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 37
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (100)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)