Jan 9, 2014, 11:35 PM EDT
Tomas Tatar has done it again.
The Detroit Red Wings forward scored another beautiful goal, this time he did it against the San Jose Sharks on Thursday. Tatar put on a stick-handling clinic behind the San Jose net – it helped that Marc-Edouard Vlasic didn’t have a stick to defend with – and then brought the puck out and went top corner with a backhander on Antti Niemi.
Tatar also scored another breathtaking goal on Saturday – a definite goal of the year candidate – when he beat two Dallas Stars defensemen and scored, again, on the backhand.
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 9
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 10
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)