Jan 9, 2014, 11:35 PM EST
Tomas Tatar has done it again.
The Detroit Red Wings forward scored another beautiful goal, this time he did it against the San Jose Sharks on Thursday. Tatar put on a stick-handling clinic behind the San Jose net – it helped that Marc-Edouard Vlasic didn’t have a stick to defend with – and then brought the puck out and went top corner with a backhander on Antti Niemi.
Tatar also scored another breathtaking goal on Saturday – a definite goal of the year candidate – when he beat two Dallas Stars defensemen and scored, again, on the backhand.
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 25
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 7
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 21
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)