Jan 9, 2014, 11:35 PM EDT
Tomas Tatar has done it again.
The Detroit Red Wings forward scored another beautiful goal, this time he did it against the San Jose Sharks on Thursday. Tatar put on a stick-handling clinic behind the San Jose net – it helped that Marc-Edouard Vlasic didn’t have a stick to defend with – and then brought the puck out and went top corner with a backhander on Antti Niemi.
Tatar also scored another breathtaking goal on Saturday – a definite goal of the year candidate – when he beat two Dallas Stars defensemen and scored, again, on the backhand.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 0
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 7
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 39
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 48
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (49)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)