Jan 9, 2014, 11:35 PM EDT
Tomas Tatar has done it again.
The Detroit Red Wings forward scored another beautiful goal, this time he did it against the San Jose Sharks on Thursday. Tatar put on a stick-handling clinic behind the San Jose net – it helped that Marc-Edouard Vlasic didn’t have a stick to defend with – and then brought the puck out and went top corner with a backhander on Antti Niemi.
Tatar also scored another breathtaking goal on Saturday – a definite goal of the year candidate – when he beat two Dallas Stars defensemen and scored, again, on the backhand.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 10
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 4
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 33
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)