Jan 9, 2014, 10:19 PM EST
Teemu Selanne might not be scoring goals at the rate he used to, even a few years ago.
But he notched a beauty on Thursday night against the Nashville Predators. It counted as the 253rd power play goal of his career. He was the beneficiary of a slick no-look backhand pass from Patrick Maroon, who displayed some skill after showing he could fight earlier in the game.
Selanne, 43, has only five goals in 36 games this season. Tonight’s goal stopped his recent scoring drought at eight games.
Updated: It also stood up as the winning goal, as the Ducks scored four times in the second period to defeat the Predators 4-3. As per the NHL, that is Selanne’s 109th career game-winning goal, tying him for fifth on the league’s all-time list.
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 0
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 17
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 29
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 30
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 17
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 75
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 13
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (75)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (44)