Jan 9, 2014, 10:19 PM EDT
Teemu Selanne might not be scoring goals at the rate he used to, even a few years ago.
But he notched a beauty on Thursday night against the Nashville Predators. It counted as the 253rd power play goal of his career. He was the beneficiary of a slick no-look backhand pass from Patrick Maroon, who displayed some skill after showing he could fight earlier in the game.
Selanne, 43, has only five goals in 36 games this season. Tonight’s goal stopped his recent scoring drought at eight games.
Updated: It also stood up as the winning goal, as the Ducks scored four times in the second period to defeat the Predators 4-3. As per the NHL, that is Selanne’s 109th career game-winning goal, tying him for fifth on the league’s all-time list.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)