Jan 9, 2014, 12:56 AM EDT
The Ottawa Senators were less than three minutes away from a victory on the road, but they had to settle for just a single point.
The Colorado Avalanche, on the other hand, got a 4-3 overtime victory thanks to a late-game rally and a quick winner in the extra frame.
“I think we got what we deserved,” Senators head coach Paul MacLean said, as per NHL.com.
Late-game comebacks, collapses and heroics have made for some juicy conversation across the hockey world of late. On Tuesday, the Vancouver Canucks led the Pittsburgh Penguins by two goals with under two minutes to play in the third period, and lost the game 5-4 in the shootout thanks in large to Sidney Crosby.
The first video highlight is of Stastny’s goal to tie the game.
Here is a video of the winning goal.
- No hearing scheduled for Richards after Couture spear 0
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 13
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 22
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 31
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 41
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 68
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 91
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 27
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (152)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (110)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)