Jan 9, 2014, 12:56 AM EDT
The Ottawa Senators were less than three minutes away from a victory on the road, but they had to settle for just a single point.
The Colorado Avalanche, on the other hand, got a 4-3 overtime victory thanks to a late-game rally and a quick winner in the extra frame.
“I think we got what we deserved,” Senators head coach Paul MacLean said, as per NHL.com.
Late-game comebacks, collapses and heroics have made for some juicy conversation across the hockey world of late. On Tuesday, the Vancouver Canucks led the Pittsburgh Penguins by two goals with under two minutes to play in the third period, and lost the game 5-4 in the shootout thanks in large to Sidney Crosby.
The first video highlight is of Stastny’s goal to tie the game.
Here is a video of the winning goal.
- In praise of John Tavares 9
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 20
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 17
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 54
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31