Jan 9, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Nashville is seven points out of a playoff spot and one clear of Winnipeg for last in the Central Division, but Barry Trotz loves what his team is doing at the moment.
“I think right now we are playing as well as we have played in 10 years,” Trotz said, per The Tennessean. “Our team has done a lot of good things but has been through a lot of difficult situations.
“We’ve had some rough patches this year, but there are teams in the past where I know even with us would have maybe folded. But this team is going the other way, getting a little more hardened and strong.”
Nashville has just one regulation win in its last four — a 3-2 victory over San Jose on Tuesday — but did manage to claim four of eight points over that four-game stretch. The Preds also closed out 2013 in style with home wins over Los Angeles and Detroit, and are now hoping their recent success at Bridgestone — where they’ve won three straight — will continue.
Nashville hosts Anaheim tonight in the second of a five-game homestand. From there, the Preds will host Ottawa, Minnesota and Calgary before heading to Philly on Jan. 16. After that, Nashville returns home for games against Colorado and Dallas — so it’s no surprise Trotz is trying to build confidence heading into one of the most important stretches of the season.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 15
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)