Jan 9, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
Nashville is seven points out of a playoff spot and one clear of Winnipeg for last in the Central Division, but Barry Trotz loves what his team is doing at the moment.
“I think right now we are playing as well as we have played in 10 years,” Trotz said, per The Tennessean. “Our team has done a lot of good things but has been through a lot of difficult situations.
“We’ve had some rough patches this year, but there are teams in the past where I know even with us would have maybe folded. But this team is going the other way, getting a little more hardened and strong.”
Nashville has just one regulation win in its last four — a 3-2 victory over San Jose on Tuesday — but did manage to claim four of eight points over that four-game stretch. The Preds also closed out 2013 in style with home wins over Los Angeles and Detroit, and are now hoping their recent success at Bridgestone — where they’ve won three straight — will continue.
Nashville hosts Anaheim tonight in the second of a five-game homestand. From there, the Preds will host Ottawa, Minnesota and Calgary before heading to Philly on Jan. 16. After that, Nashville returns home for games against Colorado and Dallas — so it’s no surprise Trotz is trying to build confidence heading into one of the most important stretches of the season.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 22
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)