Jan 9, 2014, 12:32 PM EDT
After canceling Tuesday’s Carolina-Buffalo game due to “hazardous weather conditions,” the NHL has rescheduled said game for Feb. 25 — which was supposed to be the final day of the league’s Olympic break.
From the NHL:
The postponed game between the Buffalo Sabres and Carolina Hurricanes from Tuesday night has been rescheduled for Tuesday, Feb. 25 at First Niagara Center in Buffalo. Face-off will be at 7 p.m., ET.
The game will be played on the final day of the 17-day break in the regular-season schedule (Feb. 9-25) allowing 150 of the NHL’s top players to participate in the 2014 Olympic Winter Games in Sochi, Russia. The appropriate date for the rescheduled game was identified in consultation with the two participating Clubs and the NHL Players’ Association.
Broadcast information for the game, NHL Game No. 647, will be announced when available.
The gold medal game in Sochi is scheduled to be played on Feb. 23, at 4 p.m. local time (7 a.m. ET).
Carolina has three players going to the Olympics — Tuomo Ruutu (Finland), Andrej Sekera (Slovakia) and Justin Faulk (USA), while Buffalo has five: Ryan Miller (USA), Henrik Tallinder and Jhonas Enroth (Sweden) and Zemgus Girgensons and head coach Ted Nolan (Latvia).
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)