Jan 9, 2014, 12:32 PM EST
After canceling Tuesday’s Carolina-Buffalo game due to “hazardous weather conditions,” the NHL has rescheduled said game for Feb. 25 — which was supposed to be the final day of the league’s Olympic break.
From the NHL:
The postponed game between the Buffalo Sabres and Carolina Hurricanes from Tuesday night has been rescheduled for Tuesday, Feb. 25 at First Niagara Center in Buffalo. Face-off will be at 7 p.m., ET.
The game will be played on the final day of the 17-day break in the regular-season schedule (Feb. 9-25) allowing 150 of the NHL’s top players to participate in the 2014 Olympic Winter Games in Sochi, Russia. The appropriate date for the rescheduled game was identified in consultation with the two participating Clubs and the NHL Players’ Association.
Broadcast information for the game, NHL Game No. 647, will be announced when available.
The gold medal game in Sochi is scheduled to be played on Feb. 23, at 4 p.m. local time (7 a.m. ET).
Carolina has three players going to the Olympics — Tuomo Ruutu (Finland), Andrej Sekera (Slovakia) and Justin Faulk (USA), while Buffalo has five: Ryan Miller (USA), Henrik Tallinder and Jhonas Enroth (Sweden) and Zemgus Girgensons and head coach Ted Nolan (Latvia).
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 5
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 16
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 14
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 41
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 5
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 14
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 8
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 15
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)