Jan 9, 2014, 12:32 PM EDT
After canceling Tuesday’s Carolina-Buffalo game due to “hazardous weather conditions,” the NHL has rescheduled said game for Feb. 25 — which was supposed to be the final day of the league’s Olympic break.
From the NHL:
The postponed game between the Buffalo Sabres and Carolina Hurricanes from Tuesday night has been rescheduled for Tuesday, Feb. 25 at First Niagara Center in Buffalo. Face-off will be at 7 p.m., ET.
The game will be played on the final day of the 17-day break in the regular-season schedule (Feb. 9-25) allowing 150 of the NHL’s top players to participate in the 2014 Olympic Winter Games in Sochi, Russia. The appropriate date for the rescheduled game was identified in consultation with the two participating Clubs and the NHL Players’ Association.
Broadcast information for the game, NHL Game No. 647, will be announced when available.
The gold medal game in Sochi is scheduled to be played on Feb. 23, at 4 p.m. local time (7 a.m. ET).
Carolina has three players going to the Olympics — Tuomo Ruutu (Finland), Andrej Sekera (Slovakia) and Justin Faulk (USA), while Buffalo has five: Ryan Miller (USA), Henrik Tallinder and Jhonas Enroth (Sweden) and Zemgus Girgensons and head coach Ted Nolan (Latvia).
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 11
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 35
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 53
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 85
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (86)