Jan 9, 2014, 12:32 PM EDT
After canceling Tuesday’s Carolina-Buffalo game due to “hazardous weather conditions,” the NHL has rescheduled said game for Feb. 25 — which was supposed to be the final day of the league’s Olympic break.
From the NHL:
The postponed game between the Buffalo Sabres and Carolina Hurricanes from Tuesday night has been rescheduled for Tuesday, Feb. 25 at First Niagara Center in Buffalo. Face-off will be at 7 p.m., ET.
The game will be played on the final day of the 17-day break in the regular-season schedule (Feb. 9-25) allowing 150 of the NHL’s top players to participate in the 2014 Olympic Winter Games in Sochi, Russia. The appropriate date for the rescheduled game was identified in consultation with the two participating Clubs and the NHL Players’ Association.
Broadcast information for the game, NHL Game No. 647, will be announced when available.
The gold medal game in Sochi is scheduled to be played on Feb. 23, at 4 p.m. local time (7 a.m. ET).
Carolina has three players going to the Olympics — Tuomo Ruutu (Finland), Andrej Sekera (Slovakia) and Justin Faulk (USA), while Buffalo has five: Ryan Miller (USA), Henrik Tallinder and Jhonas Enroth (Sweden) and Zemgus Girgensons and head coach Ted Nolan (Latvia).
- Tortorella calls meltdown ‘a kick in the teeth’ 4
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 11
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 35
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)