Jan 9, 2014, 12:32 PM EDT
After canceling Tuesday’s Carolina-Buffalo game due to “hazardous weather conditions,” the NHL has rescheduled said game for Feb. 25 — which was supposed to be the final day of the league’s Olympic break.
From the NHL:
The postponed game between the Buffalo Sabres and Carolina Hurricanes from Tuesday night has been rescheduled for Tuesday, Feb. 25 at First Niagara Center in Buffalo. Face-off will be at 7 p.m., ET.
The game will be played on the final day of the 17-day break in the regular-season schedule (Feb. 9-25) allowing 150 of the NHL’s top players to participate in the 2014 Olympic Winter Games in Sochi, Russia. The appropriate date for the rescheduled game was identified in consultation with the two participating Clubs and the NHL Players’ Association.
Broadcast information for the game, NHL Game No. 647, will be announced when available.
The gold medal game in Sochi is scheduled to be played on Feb. 23, at 4 p.m. local time (7 a.m. ET).
Carolina has three players going to the Olympics — Tuomo Ruutu (Finland), Andrej Sekera (Slovakia) and Justin Faulk (USA), while Buffalo has five: Ryan Miller (USA), Henrik Tallinder and Jhonas Enroth (Sweden) and Zemgus Girgensons and head coach Ted Nolan (Latvia).
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 1
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 22
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 30
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 3
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 1
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)