Jan 9, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
Tampa Bay Lightning defenseman Radko Gudas has left Thursday’s game against the Washington Capitals with a lower-body injury and is doubtful to return, as per Damian Cristodero of the Tampa Bay Times.
Gudas’ last shift came late in the first period, and he has not played since, as per the NHL’s Time on Ice Report.
This could not only be a loss for the Lightning, but also the Czech Olympic hockey team.
Earlier this week, Gudas became one of the seven defenseman named to the Czech squad that will compete at the 2014 Sochi Olympics.
In his second NHL season, the 23-year-old Gudas has two goals and 11 points in 38 games with Tampa Bay.
It’s unclear yet how the injury occurred.
Prior to the game, it was announced that because of poor ice conditions in the visitors crease, the teams would switch ends at the 10-minute mark of the period.
Updated: There was no update from the Lightning on Gudas or the injury he sustained, however there will be an actual update Friday morning.
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 8
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)