Jan 9, 2014, 9:45 PM EST
Tampa Bay Lightning defenseman Radko Gudas has left Thursday’s game against the Washington Capitals with a lower-body injury and is doubtful to return, as per Damian Cristodero of the Tampa Bay Times.
Gudas’ last shift came late in the first period, and he has not played since, as per the NHL’s Time on Ice Report.
This could not only be a loss for the Lightning, but also the Czech Olympic hockey team.
Earlier this week, Gudas became one of the seven defenseman named to the Czech squad that will compete at the 2014 Sochi Olympics.
In his second NHL season, the 23-year-old Gudas has two goals and 11 points in 38 games with Tampa Bay.
It’s unclear yet how the injury occurred.
Prior to the game, it was announced that because of poor ice conditions in the visitors crease, the teams would switch ends at the 10-minute mark of the period.
Updated: There was no update from the Lightning on Gudas or the injury he sustained, however there will be an actual update Friday morning.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 5
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 3
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 34
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46