Jan 9, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
Tampa Bay Lightning defenseman Radko Gudas has left Thursday’s game against the Washington Capitals with a lower-body injury and is doubtful to return, as per Damian Cristodero of the Tampa Bay Times.
Gudas’ last shift came late in the first period, and he has not played since, as per the NHL’s Time on Ice Report.
This could not only be a loss for the Lightning, but also the Czech Olympic hockey team.
Earlier this week, Gudas became one of the seven defenseman named to the Czech squad that will compete at the 2014 Sochi Olympics.
In his second NHL season, the 23-year-old Gudas has two goals and 11 points in 38 games with Tampa Bay.
It’s unclear yet how the injury occurred.
Prior to the game, it was announced that because of poor ice conditions in the visitors crease, the teams would switch ends at the 10-minute mark of the period.
Updated: There was no update from the Lightning on Gudas or the injury he sustained, however there will be an actual update Friday morning.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)