Jan 9, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
Tampa Bay Lightning defenseman Radko Gudas has left Thursday’s game against the Washington Capitals with a lower-body injury and is doubtful to return, as per Damian Cristodero of the Tampa Bay Times.
Gudas’ last shift came late in the first period, and he has not played since, as per the NHL’s Time on Ice Report.
This could not only be a loss for the Lightning, but also the Czech Olympic hockey team.
Earlier this week, Gudas became one of the seven defenseman named to the Czech squad that will compete at the 2014 Sochi Olympics.
In his second NHL season, the 23-year-old Gudas has two goals and 11 points in 38 games with Tampa Bay.
It’s unclear yet how the injury occurred.
Prior to the game, it was announced that because of poor ice conditions in the visitors crease, the teams would switch ends at the 10-minute mark of the period.
Updated: There was no update from the Lightning on Gudas or the injury he sustained, however there will be an actual update Friday morning.
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 1) 1
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 69
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 28
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 52
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 33
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (69)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (52)