Jan 9, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
Tampa Bay Lightning defenseman Radko Gudas has left Thursday’s game against the Washington Capitals with a lower-body injury and is doubtful to return, as per Damian Cristodero of the Tampa Bay Times.
Gudas’ last shift came late in the first period, and he has not played since, as per the NHL’s Time on Ice Report.
This could not only be a loss for the Lightning, but also the Czech Olympic hockey team.
Earlier this week, Gudas became one of the seven defenseman named to the Czech squad that will compete at the 2014 Sochi Olympics.
In his second NHL season, the 23-year-old Gudas has two goals and 11 points in 38 games with Tampa Bay.
It’s unclear yet how the injury occurred.
Prior to the game, it was announced that because of poor ice conditions in the visitors crease, the teams would switch ends at the 10-minute mark of the period.
Updated: There was no update from the Lightning on Gudas or the injury he sustained, however there will be an actual update Friday morning.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 8
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 28
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Stayin’ Alive: Canucks stage comeback of their own, send series back to Calgary 5
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 76
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 3
- Report: Chiarelli to join Oilers’ front office 31
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)