Jan 9, 2014, 6:14 PM EDT
After experiencing perhaps his best moment of the season, Zac Rinaldo experienced one of his worst.
“Rinaldo sustained a left high ankle sprain,” Flyers GM Paul Holmgren confirmed on Thursday, per the team website. “He will be out for approximately six weeks.”
Rinaldo hurt his ankle during a 3-1 win over Montreal on Wednesday night, a game in which he scored his first goal of the season. The injury comes at a time when the agitating forward had firmly established himself as a regular presence in the Philly lineup, as Rinaldo was one of just nine players to appear in all 44 games this season.
The 23-year-old currently leads the Flyers with 101 penalty minutes and 135 hits this season, averaging 7:30 of ice-time per-game.
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 15
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 38
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)