Jan 9, 2014, 6:14 PM EDT
After experiencing perhaps his best moment of the season, Zac Rinaldo experienced one of his worst.
“Rinaldo sustained a left high ankle sprain,” Flyers GM Paul Holmgren confirmed on Thursday, per the team website. “He will be out for approximately six weeks.”
Rinaldo hurt his ankle during a 3-1 win over Montreal on Wednesday night, a game in which he scored his first goal of the season. The injury comes at a time when the agitating forward had firmly established himself as a regular presence in the Philly lineup, as Rinaldo was one of just nine players to appear in all 44 games this season.
The 23-year-old currently leads the Flyers with 101 penalty minutes and 135 hits this season, averaging 7:30 of ice-time per-game.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 24
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 13
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 10
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54