Jan 9, 2014, 6:14 PM EDT
After experiencing perhaps his best moment of the season, Zac Rinaldo experienced one of his worst.
“Rinaldo sustained a left high ankle sprain,” Flyers GM Paul Holmgren confirmed on Thursday, per the team website. “He will be out for approximately six weeks.”
Rinaldo hurt his ankle during a 3-1 win over Montreal on Wednesday night, a game in which he scored his first goal of the season. The injury comes at a time when the agitating forward had firmly established himself as a regular presence in the Philly lineup, as Rinaldo was one of just nine players to appear in all 44 games this season.
The 23-year-old currently leads the Flyers with 101 penalty minutes and 135 hits this season, averaging 7:30 of ice-time per-game.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)