Jan 9, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
The Hurricanes are riding a four-game winning streak, but if they want to keep that momentum going, they are going to have do so without captain Eric Staal.
Carolina coach Kirk Muller predicted that Staal would be out for a few more contests due to a lower-body injury. The 29-year-old forward wasn’t available on Sunday and would have missed Tuesday’s game against Buffalo as well had it not been postponed due to “hazardous weather conditions”.
“I need to make sure it’s not an issue in the second half of the season,” Staal said.
The good news is that he has been making progress and is still optimistic that he’ll return sooner rather than later.
Carolina will play against Toronto on Thursday, Columbus on Friday, and Calgary on Monday. After that, they have a five day break before they host the Florida Panthers on Jan. 18.
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (68)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)