Jan 9, 2014, 2:00 AM EDT
The news from the St. Louis Blues about forward T.J. Oshie could’ve been much worse.
Oshie got the worst of a knee-on-knee collision with Edmonton Oilers forward Taylor Hall on Tuesday, although it was Oshie who initially had Hall lined up for the hit. The play occurred with less than two minutes remaining in the game and St. Louis comfortably ahead.
On Wednesday, Blues’ head coach Ken Hitchcock said Oshie is listed as “day-to-day,” as per Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
According to the newspaper’s online site, Oshie said while walking to the team bus: “I’m fine, it’s just sore, but it’s OK.”
Oshie, 27, has eight goals and 37 points in 42 games for the Blues this season. He was also named to the U.S. Olympic hockey team, which was announced at the conclusion of the Winter Classic.
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 3
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 22
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 83
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 38
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 71
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 62
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7