Jan 9, 2014, 2:00 AM EDT
The news from the St. Louis Blues about forward T.J. Oshie could’ve been much worse.
Oshie got the worst of a knee-on-knee collision with Edmonton Oilers forward Taylor Hall on Tuesday, although it was Oshie who initially had Hall lined up for the hit. The play occurred with less than two minutes remaining in the game and St. Louis comfortably ahead.
On Wednesday, Blues’ head coach Ken Hitchcock said Oshie is listed as “day-to-day,” as per Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
According to the newspaper’s online site, Oshie said while walking to the team bus: “I’m fine, it’s just sore, but it’s OK.”
Oshie, 27, has eight goals and 37 points in 42 games for the Blues this season. He was also named to the U.S. Olympic hockey team, which was announced at the conclusion of the Winter Classic.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (86)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)