Jan 9, 2014, 2:00 AM EDT
The news from the St. Louis Blues about forward T.J. Oshie could’ve been much worse.
Oshie got the worst of a knee-on-knee collision with Edmonton Oilers forward Taylor Hall on Tuesday, although it was Oshie who initially had Hall lined up for the hit. The play occurred with less than two minutes remaining in the game and St. Louis comfortably ahead.
On Wednesday, Blues’ head coach Ken Hitchcock said Oshie is listed as “day-to-day,” as per Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
According to the newspaper’s online site, Oshie said while walking to the team bus: “I’m fine, it’s just sore, but it’s OK.”
Oshie, 27, has eight goals and 37 points in 42 games for the Blues this season. He was also named to the U.S. Olympic hockey team, which was announced at the conclusion of the Winter Classic.
- Wild hand Bryzgalov a training camp tryout 0
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 0
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 12
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 5
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 16
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 47
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (47)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)