Jan 9, 2014, 11:32 AM EDT
Earlier this week it sounded like injured Lightning goalie Ben Bishop could return today versus Washington. Alas, that won’t be the case, as Tampa Bay Times reporter Damian Cristodero says Bishop is on injured reserve with a sprained right wrist.
A Vezina Trophy candidate, Bishop is eligible to come off IR Tuesday when the Lightning are in New York to play the Rangers. But until then it looks like Anders Lindback will carry the load. Tampa Bay also plays Saturday in Philadelphia and Monday in Columbus.
Lindback, who’s struggled badly this season, got the win Tuesday in Winnipeg, stopping 12 of the Jets’ measly 14 shots in a 4-2 victory.
The Lightning have called up goalie Cedrick Desjardins from AHL Syracuse to serve as Lindback’s back-up.
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 13
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 28
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 17
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)