Jan 9, 2014, 11:32 AM EDT
Earlier this week it sounded like injured Lightning goalie Ben Bishop could return today versus Washington. Alas, that won’t be the case, as Tampa Bay Times reporter Damian Cristodero says Bishop is on injured reserve with a sprained right wrist.
A Vezina Trophy candidate, Bishop is eligible to come off IR Tuesday when the Lightning are in New York to play the Rangers. But until then it looks like Anders Lindback will carry the load. Tampa Bay also plays Saturday in Philadelphia and Monday in Columbus.
Lindback, who’s struggled badly this season, got the win Tuesday in Winnipeg, stopping 12 of the Jets’ measly 14 shots in a 4-2 victory.
The Lightning have called up goalie Cedrick Desjardins from AHL Syracuse to serve as Lindback’s back-up.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5