Jan 9, 2014, 11:32 AM EDT
Earlier this week it sounded like injured Lightning goalie Ben Bishop could return today versus Washington. Alas, that won’t be the case, as Tampa Bay Times reporter Damian Cristodero says Bishop is on injured reserve with a sprained right wrist.
A Vezina Trophy candidate, Bishop is eligible to come off IR Tuesday when the Lightning are in New York to play the Rangers. But until then it looks like Anders Lindback will carry the load. Tampa Bay also plays Saturday in Philadelphia and Monday in Columbus.
Lindback, who’s struggled badly this season, got the win Tuesday in Winnipeg, stopping 12 of the Jets’ measly 14 shots in a 4-2 victory.
The Lightning have called up goalie Cedrick Desjardins from AHL Syracuse to serve as Lindback’s back-up.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 29
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 8
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (29)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)