Jan 9, 2014, 11:32 AM EDT
Earlier this week it sounded like injured Lightning goalie Ben Bishop could return today versus Washington. Alas, that won’t be the case, as Tampa Bay Times reporter Damian Cristodero says Bishop is on injured reserve with a sprained right wrist.
A Vezina Trophy candidate, Bishop is eligible to come off IR Tuesday when the Lightning are in New York to play the Rangers. But until then it looks like Anders Lindback will carry the load. Tampa Bay also plays Saturday in Philadelphia and Monday in Columbus.
Lindback, who’s struggled badly this season, got the win Tuesday in Winnipeg, stopping 12 of the Jets’ measly 14 shots in a 4-2 victory.
The Lightning have called up goalie Cedrick Desjardins from AHL Syracuse to serve as Lindback’s back-up.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 40
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)