Jan 9, 2014, 11:32 AM EDT
Earlier this week it sounded like injured Lightning goalie Ben Bishop could return today versus Washington. Alas, that won’t be the case, as Tampa Bay Times reporter Damian Cristodero says Bishop is on injured reserve with a sprained right wrist.
A Vezina Trophy candidate, Bishop is eligible to come off IR Tuesday when the Lightning are in New York to play the Rangers. But until then it looks like Anders Lindback will carry the load. Tampa Bay also plays Saturday in Philadelphia and Monday in Columbus.
Lindback, who’s struggled badly this season, got the win Tuesday in Winnipeg, stopping 12 of the Jets’ measly 14 shots in a 4-2 victory.
The Lightning have called up goalie Cedrick Desjardins from AHL Syracuse to serve as Lindback’s back-up.
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 19
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 20
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 38
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)