Jan 8, 2014, 6:22 PM EDT
Two key players from Sweden’s silver medal-winning side at the 2014 World Junior Hockey Championships are on their way back to the NHL.
Forsberg was flying into Nashville today, according to The Tennessean. Preds head coach Barry Trotz said a decision would soon be made as to Forsberg’s role on the team, meaning he’ll either stick in Nashville or be reassigned to the club’s AHL affiliate in Milwaukee.
Linhdolm is en route to Carolina, and the ‘Canes have already reassigned Aaron Palushaj to AHL Charlotte to clear space on the active roster.
It’ll be curious to see how both Swedes fare coming off a confidence-building tournament. Forsberg has struggled adjusting to the NHL game and has already spent time with the Admirals this season — where he’s been very good offensively — while Lindholm has scored seven points in 21 games with Carolina, missing some time to injury.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 24
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 12
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 8
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 15
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 56
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1