Jan 8, 2014, 6:22 PM EDT
Two key players from Sweden’s silver medal-winning side at the 2014 World Junior Hockey Championships are on their way back to the NHL.
Forsberg was flying into Nashville today, according to The Tennessean. Preds head coach Barry Trotz said a decision would soon be made as to Forsberg’s role on the team, meaning he’ll either stick in Nashville or be reassigned to the club’s AHL affiliate in Milwaukee.
Linhdolm is en route to Carolina, and the ‘Canes have already reassigned Aaron Palushaj to AHL Charlotte to clear space on the active roster.
It’ll be curious to see how both Swedes fare coming off a confidence-building tournament. Forsberg has struggled adjusting to the NHL game and has already spent time with the Admirals this season — where he’s been very good offensively — while Lindholm has scored seven points in 21 games with Carolina, missing some time to injury.
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 21
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day on PHT 11