Jan 8, 2014, 6:22 PM EDT
Two key players from Sweden’s silver medal-winning side at the 2014 World Junior Hockey Championships are on their way back to the NHL.
Forsberg was flying into Nashville today, according to The Tennessean. Preds head coach Barry Trotz said a decision would soon be made as to Forsberg’s role on the team, meaning he’ll either stick in Nashville or be reassigned to the club’s AHL affiliate in Milwaukee.
Linhdolm is en route to Carolina, and the ‘Canes have already reassigned Aaron Palushaj to AHL Charlotte to clear space on the active roster.
It’ll be curious to see how both Swedes fare coming off a confidence-building tournament. Forsberg has struggled adjusting to the NHL game and has already spent time with the Admirals this season — where he’s been very good offensively — while Lindholm has scored seven points in 21 games with Carolina, missing some time to injury.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31