Jan 8, 2014, 6:22 PM EDT
Two key players from Sweden’s silver medal-winning side at the 2014 World Junior Hockey Championships are on their way back to the NHL.
Forsberg was flying into Nashville today, according to The Tennessean. Preds head coach Barry Trotz said a decision would soon be made as to Forsberg’s role on the team, meaning he’ll either stick in Nashville or be reassigned to the club’s AHL affiliate in Milwaukee.
Linhdolm is en route to Carolina, and the ‘Canes have already reassigned Aaron Palushaj to AHL Charlotte to clear space on the active roster.
It’ll be curious to see how both Swedes fare coming off a confidence-building tournament. Forsberg has struggled adjusting to the NHL game and has already spent time with the Admirals this season — where he’s been very good offensively — while Lindholm has scored seven points in 21 games with Carolina, missing some time to injury.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54