Jan 8, 2014, 6:22 PM EST
Two key players from Sweden’s silver medal-winning side at the 2014 World Junior Hockey Championships are on their way back to the NHL.
Forsberg was flying into Nashville today, according to The Tennessean. Preds head coach Barry Trotz said a decision would soon be made as to Forsberg’s role on the team, meaning he’ll either stick in Nashville or be reassigned to the club’s AHL affiliate in Milwaukee.
Linhdolm is en route to Carolina, and the ‘Canes have already reassigned Aaron Palushaj to AHL Charlotte to clear space on the active roster.
It’ll be curious to see how both Swedes fare coming off a confidence-building tournament. Forsberg has struggled adjusting to the NHL game and has already spent time with the Admirals this season — where he’s been very good offensively — while Lindholm has scored seven points in 21 games with Carolina, missing some time to injury.
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 3
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 0
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 15
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10