Jan 8, 2014, 2:36 PM EST
All the latest from the crease…
Montreal turns to Budaj
Peter Budaj will start for the first time since Dec. 29 when the Habs take on the Flyers in Philly tonight.
The Slovak netminder, recently named to his country’s Olympic roster, allowed three goals on 24 shots in a 4-1 loss to Florida last time out, but does have solid numbers on the year — 5-3-1, 2.05 GAA and a .923 save percentage.
He’ll be going up against Steve Mason in the Flyers’ goal tonight.
Andy goes again
Red-hot Sens goalie Craig Anderson will look for his sixth straight win on Wednesday in Colorado.
Anderson, who allowed three goals on 29 shots in a 4-3 OT win over Montreal on Saturday, has posted a 1.99 GAA and .937 save percentage during the aforementioned five-game win streak.
No word yet on who’ll get the nod for Colorado, though Semyon Varlamov appears likely.
Rangers at Blackhawks: Henrik Lundvqist vs. Corey Crawford.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5