Jan 8, 2014, 2:36 PM EDT
All the latest from the crease…
Montreal turns to Budaj
Peter Budaj will start for the first time since Dec. 29 when the Habs take on the Flyers in Philly tonight.
The Slovak netminder, recently named to his country’s Olympic roster, allowed three goals on 24 shots in a 4-1 loss to Florida last time out, but does have solid numbers on the year — 5-3-1, 2.05 GAA and a .923 save percentage.
He’ll be going up against Steve Mason in the Flyers’ goal tonight.
Andy goes again
Red-hot Sens goalie Craig Anderson will look for his sixth straight win on Wednesday in Colorado.
Anderson, who allowed three goals on 29 shots in a 4-3 OT win over Montreal on Saturday, has posted a 1.99 GAA and .937 save percentage during the aforementioned five-game win streak.
No word yet on who’ll get the nod for Colorado, though Semyon Varlamov appears likely.
Rangers at Blackhawks: Henrik Lundvqist vs. Corey Crawford.
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 5
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 10
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 8
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)