Jan 8, 2014, 2:36 PM EDT
All the latest from the crease…
Montreal turns to Budaj
Peter Budaj will start for the first time since Dec. 29 when the Habs take on the Flyers in Philly tonight.
The Slovak netminder, recently named to his country’s Olympic roster, allowed three goals on 24 shots in a 4-1 loss to Florida last time out, but does have solid numbers on the year — 5-3-1, 2.05 GAA and a .923 save percentage.
He’ll be going up against Steve Mason in the Flyers’ goal tonight.
Andy goes again
Red-hot Sens goalie Craig Anderson will look for his sixth straight win on Wednesday in Colorado.
Anderson, who allowed three goals on 29 shots in a 4-3 OT win over Montreal on Saturday, has posted a 1.99 GAA and .937 save percentage during the aforementioned five-game win streak.
No word yet on who’ll get the nod for Colorado, though Semyon Varlamov appears likely.
Rangers at Blackhawks: Henrik Lundvqist vs. Corey Crawford.
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 9
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 14
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 56
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)