Jan 8, 2014, 2:36 PM EDT
All the latest from the crease…
Montreal turns to Budaj
Peter Budaj will start for the first time since Dec. 29 when the Habs take on the Flyers in Philly tonight.
The Slovak netminder, recently named to his country’s Olympic roster, allowed three goals on 24 shots in a 4-1 loss to Florida last time out, but does have solid numbers on the year — 5-3-1, 2.05 GAA and a .923 save percentage.
He’ll be going up against Steve Mason in the Flyers’ goal tonight.
Andy goes again
Red-hot Sens goalie Craig Anderson will look for his sixth straight win on Wednesday in Colorado.
Anderson, who allowed three goals on 29 shots in a 4-3 OT win over Montreal on Saturday, has posted a 1.99 GAA and .937 save percentage during the aforementioned five-game win streak.
No word yet on who’ll get the nod for Colorado, though Semyon Varlamov appears likely.
Rangers at Blackhawks: Henrik Lundvqist vs. Corey Crawford.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 53
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (54)