Jan 8, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
It has now been more than two full months since the Philadelphia Flyers lost on home ice.
The Flyers won their 10th consecutive game at Wells Fargo Center, thanks to a decisive 3-1 victory over the visiting Montreal Canadiens on Wednesday evening.
Off to a dreadful start at the beginning of the season, the Flyers have surged their way into second in the Metropolitan Division, now four points ahead of the Washington Capitals. Philadelphia has also won eight of its last 10 games, although home ice has not been of a particular advantage lately, with the club having just wrapped up a six-game road trip.
They won five times on that recent road trip.
Flyers’ tough guy Zac Rinaldo had a goal and a fight, but fell one assist short of a Gordie Howe Hat Trick. He and Brandon Prust dropped the gloves in a spirited scrap in the second period, with the Canadiens trailing 3-0 and in need of a spark.
Subban was assessed a roughing minor at the end of the second period. The Habs managed to successfully kill it off at the beginning of the third period, however Subban was stapled to the bench until about eight minutes remaining in regulation and his team trailing by two goals.
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 19
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 44
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 82
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 26
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (82)