Jan 8, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
It has now been more than two full months since the Philadelphia Flyers lost on home ice.
The Flyers won their 10th consecutive game at Wells Fargo Center, thanks to a decisive 3-1 victory over the visiting Montreal Canadiens on Wednesday evening.
Off to a dreadful start at the beginning of the season, the Flyers have surged their way into second in the Metropolitan Division, now four points ahead of the Washington Capitals. Philadelphia has also won eight of its last 10 games, although home ice has not been of a particular advantage lately, with the club having just wrapped up a six-game road trip.
They won five times on that recent road trip.
Flyers’ tough guy Zac Rinaldo had a goal and a fight, but fell one assist short of a Gordie Howe Hat Trick. He and Brandon Prust dropped the gloves in a spirited scrap in the second period, with the Canadiens trailing 3-0 and in need of a spark.
Subban was assessed a roughing minor at the end of the second period. The Habs managed to successfully kill it off at the beginning of the third period, however Subban was stapled to the bench until about eight minutes remaining in regulation and his team trailing by two goals.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 3
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 6
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 28
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)