Jan 8, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
It has now been more than two full months since the Philadelphia Flyers lost on home ice.
The Flyers won their 10th consecutive game at Wells Fargo Center, thanks to a decisive 3-1 victory over the visiting Montreal Canadiens on Wednesday evening.
Off to a dreadful start at the beginning of the season, the Flyers have surged their way into second in the Metropolitan Division, now four points ahead of the Washington Capitals. Philadelphia has also won eight of its last 10 games, although home ice has not been of a particular advantage lately, with the club having just wrapped up a six-game road trip.
They won five times on that recent road trip.
Flyers’ tough guy Zac Rinaldo had a goal and a fight, but fell one assist short of a Gordie Howe Hat Trick. He and Brandon Prust dropped the gloves in a spirited scrap in the second period, with the Canadiens trailing 3-0 and in need of a spark.
Subban was assessed a roughing minor at the end of the second period. The Habs managed to successfully kill it off at the beginning of the third period, however Subban was stapled to the bench until about eight minutes remaining in regulation and his team trailing by two goals.
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight vs. B’s 0
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 20
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 19
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 83
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 96
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)