Jan 8, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
It has now been more than two full months since the Philadelphia Flyers lost on home ice.
The Flyers won their 10th consecutive game at Wells Fargo Center, thanks to a decisive 3-1 victory over the visiting Montreal Canadiens on Wednesday evening.
Off to a dreadful start at the beginning of the season, the Flyers have surged their way into second in the Metropolitan Division, now four points ahead of the Washington Capitals. Philadelphia has also won eight of its last 10 games, although home ice has not been of a particular advantage lately, with the club having just wrapped up a six-game road trip.
They won five times on that recent road trip.
Flyers’ tough guy Zac Rinaldo had a goal and a fight, but fell one assist short of a Gordie Howe Hat Trick. He and Brandon Prust dropped the gloves in a spirited scrap in the second period, with the Canadiens trailing 3-0 and in need of a spark.
Subban was assessed a roughing minor at the end of the second period. The Habs managed to successfully kill it off at the beginning of the third period, however Subban was stapled to the bench until about eight minutes remaining in regulation and his team trailing by two goals.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)