Jan 8, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
It has now been more than two full months since the Philadelphia Flyers lost on home ice.
The Flyers won their 10th consecutive game at Wells Fargo Center, thanks to a decisive 3-1 victory over the visiting Montreal Canadiens on Wednesday evening.
Off to a dreadful start at the beginning of the season, the Flyers have surged their way into second in the Metropolitan Division, now four points ahead of the Washington Capitals. Philadelphia has also won eight of its last 10 games, although home ice has not been of a particular advantage lately, with the club having just wrapped up a six-game road trip.
They won five times on that recent road trip.
Flyers’ tough guy Zac Rinaldo had a goal and a fight, but fell one assist short of a Gordie Howe Hat Trick. He and Brandon Prust dropped the gloves in a spirited scrap in the second period, with the Canadiens trailing 3-0 and in need of a spark.
Subban was assessed a roughing minor at the end of the second period. The Habs managed to successfully kill it off at the beginning of the third period, however Subban was stapled to the bench until about eight minutes remaining in regulation and his team trailing by two goals.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 0
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 8
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 4
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)