Jan 8, 2014, 7:40 PM EDT
Looks as though Loui Eriksson‘s return to game action isn’t far away.
Eriksson, out since Dec. 7 with a concussion on a hit from Brooks Orpik, was cleared for contact on Wednesday and listed as “doubtful” to play in Thursday’s game in Los Angeles, according to B’s head coach Claude Julien:
Per Julien, Loui “doubtful for tomorrow” since today was first day of contact, but doesn’t think it will be very long before his return ^CS
— Boston Bruins (@NHLBruins) January 8, 2014
Big day for Loui after steady progress from his concussion; said first few weeks were really tough but he’s been feeling good for a week ^CS
— Boston Bruins (@NHLBruins) January 9, 2014
It’s been a rough first season in Boston for Eriksson, acquired as part of this summer’s Tyler Seguin deal. He’s suffered a pair of concussions on big hits, one from Orpik and another from Buffalo’s John Scott.
When healthy, though, the Swedish Olympian has been a quality producer. He has 14 points in 24 games this season and was averaging close to 17 minutes per night.
Following Thursday’s game at Staples, the Bruins play next on Saturday in San Jose. That’s followed by a return date home to Boston against Toronto next Tuesday, so it’s possible Eriksson could draw back into the lineup for one of those two affairs.
Mar 9, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
It might be due to an Ed Jovanovski hit.
Mar 9, 2014, 6:01 PM EDT
It doesn’t sound great for their would-be starter.
Mar 9, 2014, 5:27 PM EDT
Calgary releases a statement on the matter.
Mar 9, 2014, 4:50 PM EDT
Mar 9, 2014, 3:57 PM EDT
The appetite to make a change seems to be growing.
Mar 9, 2014, 3:07 PM EDT
Detroit has lost its Wild Card spot.
Mar 9, 2014, 2:10 PM EDT
The once promising rookie was put on waivers by Ottawa.
Mar 9, 2014, 1:18 PM EDT
He’s scored in every New Jersey game since the Olympics.
Mar 9, 2014, 12:33 PM EDT
That’s on top of all the talent they traded away.
Mar 9, 2014, 11:58 AM EDT
Can Johan Franzen maintain his incredible post-Olympics pace?
Mar 9, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
The 21-year-old is making the transition from the KHL.
Mar 9, 2014, 10:37 AM EDT
It helped lead St. Louis to its fourth straight win.
Mar 9, 2014, 9:48 AM EDT
Buffalo hasn’t been so bad lately, despite what the team looks like on paper.
Mar 9, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
They both desperately need every point they can get.
Mar 9, 2014, 1:09 AM EDT
A much-needed victory for Vancouver.
Mar 9, 2014, 12:14 AM EDT
Short ones on Saturday.
Mar 8, 2014, 11:32 PM EDT
Roberto Luongo: quiet, so far.
Mar 8, 2014, 11:27 PM EDT
Tyler Seguin is just on fire right now.
Mar 8, 2014, 11:09 PM EDT
Dallas scored once on the resulting five-minute major penalty.
Mar 8, 2014, 10:59 PM EDT
Seeding battles heat up.
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 14
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 8
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 9
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 17
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 22
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)