Jan 8, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes will get star defenseman Oliver Ekman-Larsson back from a two game absence when they take on Minnesota tomorrow night.
Ekman-Larsson, 22, has been out of the lineup since receiving this nasty hit from Columbus’ Derek MacKenzie on Jan. 2:
MacKenzie was later suspended three games for the hit.
Ekman-Larsson, recently named to Sweden’s Olympic team, is in the midst of a banner year with 22 points — 10 shy of his career high — through 40 games. He’s averaging a whopping 24:40 TOI and has three game-winning goals to his credit.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 5
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 46
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)