Jan 8, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes will get star defenseman Oliver Ekman-Larsson back from a two game absence when they take on Minnesota tomorrow night.
Ekman-Larsson, 22, has been out of the lineup since receiving this nasty hit from Columbus’ Derek MacKenzie on Jan. 2:
MacKenzie was later suspended three games for the hit.
Ekman-Larsson, recently named to Sweden’s Olympic team, is in the midst of a banner year with 22 points — 10 shy of his career high — through 40 games. He’s averaging a whopping 24:40 TOI and has three game-winning goals to his credit.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 75
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 33
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (76)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)