Jan 8, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
The Phoenix Coyotes will get star defenseman Oliver Ekman-Larsson back from a two game absence when they take on Minnesota tomorrow night.
Ekman-Larsson, 22, has been out of the lineup since receiving this nasty hit from Columbus’ Derek MacKenzie on Jan. 2:
MacKenzie was later suspended three games for the hit.
Ekman-Larsson, recently named to Sweden’s Olympic team, is in the midst of a banner year with 22 points — 10 shy of his career high — through 40 games. He’s averaging a whopping 24:40 TOI and has three game-winning goals to his credit.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)