Jan 8, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
The Phoenix Coyotes will get star defenseman Oliver Ekman-Larsson back from a two game absence when they take on Minnesota tomorrow night.
Ekman-Larsson, 22, has been out of the lineup since receiving this nasty hit from Columbus’ Derek MacKenzie on Jan. 2:
MacKenzie was later suspended three games for the hit.
Ekman-Larsson, recently named to Sweden’s Olympic team, is in the midst of a banner year with 22 points — 10 shy of his career high — through 40 games. He’s averaging a whopping 24:40 TOI and has three game-winning goals to his credit.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 48
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 20
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 36
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32