Jan 8, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes will get star defenseman Oliver Ekman-Larsson back from a two game absence when they take on Minnesota tomorrow night.
Ekman-Larsson, 22, has been out of the lineup since receiving this nasty hit from Columbus’ Derek MacKenzie on Jan. 2:
MacKenzie was later suspended three games for the hit.
Ekman-Larsson, recently named to Sweden’s Olympic team, is in the midst of a banner year with 22 points — 10 shy of his career high — through 40 games. He’s averaging a whopping 24:40 TOI and has three game-winning goals to his credit.
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 0
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 1
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 8
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 17
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 22
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)