Jan 8, 2014, 11:03 PM EDT
The New York Rangers got off to a terrific start, bent but didn’t completely break in the second period and pulled out a win over the defending Stanley Cup champions in Chicago on Wednesday.
- Not the greatest start or finish to the evening for Blackhawks’ goalie Corey Crawford. Didn’t look sharp on New York’s first two goals of the evening and the late Hagelin goal, which gave the Rangers the win, will sting.
- The Rangers are on a bit of a roll. Six wins in their last 10 games. They’ve also jumped up into third in the Metropolitan Division, three points back of the Philadelphia Flyers.
- The Blackhawks lost for the first time in regulation since Dec. 14.
- The Blackhawks got goals from Jonathan Toews and Brandon Bollig just 1:48 apart in the second period to get Chicago back on even terms after trailing 2-0 in the first period.
- Hard to believe that for two Original Six teams, the Blackhawks and Rangers haven’t played against each other since March of 2012. How about that lockout?
- Henrik Lundqvist made 35 saves against a pretty good team. Wasn’t that long ago he was struggling, as too was the team in front of him.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 4
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 13
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)