Jan 8, 2014, 11:03 PM EDT
The New York Rangers got off to a terrific start, bent but didn’t completely break in the second period and pulled out a win over the defending Stanley Cup champions in Chicago on Wednesday.
- Not the greatest start or finish to the evening for Blackhawks’ goalie Corey Crawford. Didn’t look sharp on New York’s first two goals of the evening and the late Hagelin goal, which gave the Rangers the win, will sting.
- The Rangers are on a bit of a roll. Six wins in their last 10 games. They’ve also jumped up into third in the Metropolitan Division, three points back of the Philadelphia Flyers.
- The Blackhawks lost for the first time in regulation since Dec. 14.
- The Blackhawks got goals from Jonathan Toews and Brandon Bollig just 1:48 apart in the second period to get Chicago back on even terms after trailing 2-0 in the first period.
- Hard to believe that for two Original Six teams, the Blackhawks and Rangers haven’t played against each other since March of 2012. How about that lockout?
- Henrik Lundqvist made 35 saves against a pretty good team. Wasn’t that long ago he was struggling, as too was the team in front of him.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (36)