Jan 8, 2014, 11:03 PM EST
The New York Rangers got off to a terrific start, bent but didn’t completely break in the second period and pulled out a win over the defending Stanley Cup champions in Chicago on Wednesday.
- Not the greatest start or finish to the evening for Blackhawks’ goalie Corey Crawford. Didn’t look sharp on New York’s first two goals of the evening and the late Hagelin goal, which gave the Rangers the win, will sting.
- The Rangers are on a bit of a roll. Six wins in their last 10 games. They’ve also jumped up into third in the Metropolitan Division, three points back of the Philadelphia Flyers.
- The Blackhawks lost for the first time in regulation since Dec. 14.
- The Blackhawks got goals from Jonathan Toews and Brandon Bollig just 1:48 apart in the second period to get Chicago back on even terms after trailing 2-0 in the first period.
- Hard to believe that for two Original Six teams, the Blackhawks and Rangers haven’t played against each other since March of 2012. How about that lockout?
- Henrik Lundqvist made 35 saves against a pretty good team. Wasn’t that long ago he was struggling, as too was the team in front of him.
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 43
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 11
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 15
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 12
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 33
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 40
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 36
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 57
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (57)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (43)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)