Jan 8, 2014, 11:03 PM EST
The New York Rangers got off to a terrific start, bent but didn’t completely break in the second period and pulled out a win over the defending Stanley Cup champions in Chicago on Wednesday.
- Not the greatest start or finish to the evening for Blackhawks’ goalie Corey Crawford. Didn’t look sharp on New York’s first two goals of the evening and the late Hagelin goal, which gave the Rangers the win, will sting.
- The Rangers are on a bit of a roll. Six wins in their last 10 games. They’ve also jumped up into third in the Metropolitan Division, three points back of the Philadelphia Flyers.
- The Blackhawks lost for the first time in regulation since Dec. 14.
- The Blackhawks got goals from Jonathan Toews and Brandon Bollig just 1:48 apart in the second period to get Chicago back on even terms after trailing 2-0 in the first period.
- Hard to believe that for two Original Six teams, the Blackhawks and Rangers haven’t played against each other since March of 2012. How about that lockout?
- Henrik Lundqvist made 35 saves against a pretty good team. Wasn’t that long ago he was struggling, as too was the team in front of him.
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 39
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 7
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (125)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (57)