Jan 8, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
Cue the Carbomb.
“I see Dan bringing a lot of energy,” Rangers head coach Alain Vigneault told Blueshirts United. “Sometimes you need those momentum shifts changing in games where a guy goes out and gets a couple of big hits which brings a lot of energy, and I see him doing that.
“That’s what I remember from him, and I’m anxious to see what he’s going to do with us tonight.”
Acquired from Los Angeles on Saturday in exchange for a conditional seventh-round pick in the 2014 NHL Draft, Carcillo will fill the energy/agitator role previously held by Derek Dorsett, who is out 4-6 weeks with a broken fibula.
Carcillo should have plenty of motivation tonight.
In addition to making his Rangers debut, he’ll also be taking on the ‘Hawks team he won a Stanley Cup with last season. Carcillo appeared in 23 of 48 regular season games and made four playoff appearances Chicago, getting his name engraved on Lord Stanley’s mug in the process.
This year, Carcillo appeared in 26 games for Los Angeles, scoring one goal and two points while racking up 57 penalty minutes.
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 5
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 19
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 20
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)