Jan 8, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
Cue the Carbomb.
“I see Dan bringing a lot of energy,” Rangers head coach Alain Vigneault told Blueshirts United. “Sometimes you need those momentum shifts changing in games where a guy goes out and gets a couple of big hits which brings a lot of energy, and I see him doing that.
“That’s what I remember from him, and I’m anxious to see what he’s going to do with us tonight.”
Acquired from Los Angeles on Saturday in exchange for a conditional seventh-round pick in the 2014 NHL Draft, Carcillo will fill the energy/agitator role previously held by Derek Dorsett, who is out 4-6 weeks with a broken fibula.
Carcillo should have plenty of motivation tonight.
In addition to making his Rangers debut, he’ll also be taking on the ‘Hawks team he won a Stanley Cup with last season. Carcillo appeared in 23 of 48 regular season games and made four playoff appearances Chicago, getting his name engraved on Lord Stanley’s mug in the process.
This year, Carcillo appeared in 26 games for Los Angeles, scoring one goal and two points while racking up 57 penalty minutes.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)