Jan 8, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
Cue the Carbomb.
“I see Dan bringing a lot of energy,” Rangers head coach Alain Vigneault told Blueshirts United. “Sometimes you need those momentum shifts changing in games where a guy goes out and gets a couple of big hits which brings a lot of energy, and I see him doing that.
“That’s what I remember from him, and I’m anxious to see what he’s going to do with us tonight.”
Acquired from Los Angeles on Saturday in exchange for a conditional seventh-round pick in the 2014 NHL Draft, Carcillo will fill the energy/agitator role previously held by Derek Dorsett, who is out 4-6 weeks with a broken fibula.
Carcillo should have plenty of motivation tonight.
In addition to making his Rangers debut, he’ll also be taking on the ‘Hawks team he won a Stanley Cup with last season. Carcillo appeared in 23 of 48 regular season games and made four playoff appearances Chicago, getting his name engraved on Lord Stanley’s mug in the process.
This year, Carcillo appeared in 26 games for Los Angeles, scoring one goal and two points while racking up 57 penalty minutes.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5