Jan 8, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
Cue the Carbomb.
“I see Dan bringing a lot of energy,” Rangers head coach Alain Vigneault told Blueshirts United. “Sometimes you need those momentum shifts changing in games where a guy goes out and gets a couple of big hits which brings a lot of energy, and I see him doing that.
“That’s what I remember from him, and I’m anxious to see what he’s going to do with us tonight.”
Acquired from Los Angeles on Saturday in exchange for a conditional seventh-round pick in the 2014 NHL Draft, Carcillo will fill the energy/agitator role previously held by Derek Dorsett, who is out 4-6 weeks with a broken fibula.
Carcillo should have plenty of motivation tonight.
In addition to making his Rangers debut, he’ll also be taking on the ‘Hawks team he won a Stanley Cup with last season. Carcillo appeared in 23 of 48 regular season games and made four playoff appearances Chicago, getting his name engraved on Lord Stanley’s mug in the process.
This year, Carcillo appeared in 26 games for Los Angeles, scoring one goal and two points while racking up 57 penalty minutes.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2