Jan 8, 2014, 7:01 PM EST
Cue the Carbomb.
“I see Dan bringing a lot of energy,” Rangers head coach Alain Vigneault told Blueshirts United. “Sometimes you need those momentum shifts changing in games where a guy goes out and gets a couple of big hits which brings a lot of energy, and I see him doing that.
“That’s what I remember from him, and I’m anxious to see what he’s going to do with us tonight.”
Acquired from Los Angeles on Saturday in exchange for a conditional seventh-round pick in the 2014 NHL Draft, Carcillo will fill the energy/agitator role previously held by Derek Dorsett, who is out 4-6 weeks with a broken fibula.
Carcillo should have plenty of motivation tonight.
In addition to making his Rangers debut, he’ll also be taking on the ‘Hawks team he won a Stanley Cup with last season. Carcillo appeared in 23 of 48 regular season games and made four playoff appearances Chicago, getting his name engraved on Lord Stanley’s mug in the process.
This year, Carcillo appeared in 26 games for Los Angeles, scoring one goal and two points while racking up 57 penalty minutes.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 4
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54