Jan 7, 2014, 10:36 AM EDT
New York Rangers forward Mats Zuccarello was the lone NHL player named to Norway’s Winter Olympic roster on Tuesday.
Zuccarello, 26, is a veteran of international play and has already represented Norway at the Olympics, scoring three points in four contests at the 2010 games in Vancouver.
“The Hobbit” (so named for his diminutive stature) is enjoying a tremendous campaign in New York this season, leading the Rangers with 30 points through 43 games. The 30 points also represent his career high, eclipsing the 23 he scored in his first season with the Blueshirts.
While Zuccarello might be the lone Norwegian NHLer, several of his teammates have National Hockey League experience. Specifically, defensemen Jonas Holos and Ole-Kristian Tollefsen — Holos appeared in 39 games for Colorado during the 2010-11 campaign, while Tollefsen has over 150 games of experience on his resume with Columbus and Philadelphia.
Up front, former Flyers and Oilers forward Patrick Thoresen will represent Norway as well.
Here’s the Norwegian roster in full, per TSN:
Goaltenders: Lars Haugen, Lars Volden, Steffen Soberg.
Defence: Alexander Bonsaksen, Jonas Holos, Henrik Solberg, Daniel Sorvik, Ole-Kristian Tollefsen, Mats Trygg, Henrik Odegaard.
Forwards: Morten Ask, Anders Bastiansen, Robin Dahlstrom, Kristian Forsberg, Mads Hansen, Marius Holtet, Sondre Olden, Ken Andre Olimb, Mathis Olimb, Mats Rosseli Olsen, Niklas Roest, Martin Roymark, Per-Age Skroder, Patrick Thoresen, Mats Zuccarello.
UPDATE: Marius Holtet is sidelined, so Fredrik Lystad Jacobsen will take his place.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 4
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 24
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 60
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)