Jan 7, 2014, 10:36 AM EST
New York Rangers forward Mats Zuccarello was the lone NHL player named to Norway’s Winter Olympic roster on Tuesday.
Zuccarello, 26, is a veteran of international play and has already represented Norway at the Olympics, scoring three points in four contests at the 2010 games in Vancouver.
“The Hobbit” (so named for his diminutive stature) is enjoying a tremendous campaign in New York this season, leading the Rangers with 30 points through 43 games. The 30 points also represent his career high, eclipsing the 23 he scored in his first season with the Blueshirts.
While Zuccarello might be the lone Norwegian NHLer, several of his teammates have National Hockey League experience. Specifically, defensemen Jonas Holos and Ole-Kristian Tollefsen — Holos appeared in 39 games for Colorado during the 2010-11 campaign, while Tollefsen has over 150 games of experience on his resume with Columbus and Philadelphia.
Up front, former Flyers and Oilers forward Patrick Thoresen will represent Norway as well.
Here’s the Norwegian roster in full, per TSN:
Goaltenders: Lars Haugen, Lars Volden, Steffen Soberg.
Defence: Alexander Bonsaksen, Jonas Holos, Henrik Solberg, Daniel Sorvik, Ole-Kristian Tollefsen, Mats Trygg, Henrik Odegaard.
Forwards: Morten Ask, Anders Bastiansen, Robin Dahlstrom, Kristian Forsberg, Mads Hansen, Marius Holtet, Sondre Olden, Ken Andre Olimb, Mathis Olimb, Mats Rosseli Olsen, Niklas Roest, Martin Roymark, Per-Age Skroder, Patrick Thoresen, Mats Zuccarello.
UPDATE: Marius Holtet is sidelined, so Fredrik Lystad Jacobsen will take his place.
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 18
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 33
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)