Jan 7, 2014, 3:58 PM EDT
Courtesy our outstanding NHL on NBC research team, here’s an Excel spreadsheet listing all 30 teams and the players who’ve been invited to participate in the upcoming Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia.
As you can see, the Red Wings, Blues and Blackhawks each have 10 players going over. No team has more than that.
Meanwhile, the Flames, Panthers, Oilers, Senators, and Predators each have two players going over. No team has fewer than that.
If there’s an angle to discuss here, it may be the benefit of rest for a playoff run. Not that the Blackhawks had any trouble with Olympic fatigue in 2010, but might a team like the San Jose Sharks receive an energy advantage with key players like Joe Thornton, Logan Couture and Dan Boyle getting passed over by Canada?
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 8
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 29
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)