Jan 7, 2014, 5:53 PM EDT
On Tuesday, Brough and I spoke with NBC’s Kay Adams immediately following the announcement of Canada’s Olympic roster and discussed a number of topics — specifically, the inclusions of Chris Kunitz and Jeff Carter and the omissions of Claude Giroux and Martin St. Louis.
On snubbing St. Louis, here’s what Canada GM Steve Yzerman — who also serves as St. Louis’ GM in Tampa Bay — had to say:
“I’m hopeful that we can get through this. He’s a guy that I want to finish his career (in Tampa). I’m hopeful that somehow we can be fortunate enough to win a Stanley Cup. He’s going to play for as long as he chooses and (I hope) that we’re going to have success there.
“There’s not much I can say—I can’t apologize. We’ve got to make these decisions.”
Brough and I also talked about the strengths of the Canadian roster, and refused to acknowledge any weaknesses because GOLD MEDAL IN 2010, Y’ALL.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 4
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 22
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5