Jan 7, 2014, 5:53 PM EDT
On Tuesday, Brough and I spoke with NBC’s Kay Adams immediately following the announcement of Canada’s Olympic roster and discussed a number of topics — specifically, the inclusions of Chris Kunitz and Jeff Carter and the omissions of Claude Giroux and Martin St. Louis.
On snubbing St. Louis, here’s what Canada GM Steve Yzerman — who also serves as St. Louis’ GM in Tampa Bay — had to say:
“I’m hopeful that we can get through this. He’s a guy that I want to finish his career (in Tampa). I’m hopeful that somehow we can be fortunate enough to win a Stanley Cup. He’s going to play for as long as he chooses and (I hope) that we’re going to have success there.
“There’s not much I can say—I can’t apologize. We’ve got to make these decisions.”
Brough and I also talked about the strengths of the Canadian roster, and refused to acknowledge any weaknesses because GOLD MEDAL IN 2010, Y’ALL.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 28
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 63
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (63)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)