Jan 7, 2014, 5:53 PM EST
On Tuesday, Brough and I spoke with NBC’s Kay Adams immediately following the announcement of Canada’s Olympic roster and discussed a number of topics — specifically, the inclusions of Chris Kunitz and Jeff Carter and the omissions of Claude Giroux and Martin St. Louis.
On snubbing St. Louis, here’s what Canada GM Steve Yzerman — who also serves as St. Louis’ GM in Tampa Bay — had to say:
“I’m hopeful that we can get through this. He’s a guy that I want to finish his career (in Tampa). I’m hopeful that somehow we can be fortunate enough to win a Stanley Cup. He’s going to play for as long as he chooses and (I hope) that we’re going to have success there.
“There’s not much I can say—I can’t apologize. We’ve got to make these decisions.”
Brough and I also talked about the strengths of the Canadian roster, and refused to acknowledge any weaknesses because GOLD MEDAL IN 2010, Y’ALL.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 1
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 55
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (57)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)