Jan 7, 2014, 12:40 AM EDT
Welcome back, Sergei Bobrovsky.
Playing in his first game in over a month, Bobrovsky backstopped the Columbus Blue Jackets to a 4-3 shootout win on Monday, making 40 saves. The highlight clip below didn’t count as one of the 40, but instead it was a slick glove save off New York Rangers’ forward Rick Nash in the skills competition.
Nash scored twice in regulation, including a power play goal in the third period to help send it to overtime and the shootout. But he couldn’t beat Bobrovsky one-on-one.
“He was great. He plays well for us every night. He’s a big part of our team,” Blue Jackets defenseman Jack Johnson told NHL.com afterward. “We’re slowly getting healthier and healthier. It’s great to have your goalie back.”
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)