Jan 7, 2014, 12:40 AM EDT
Welcome back, Sergei Bobrovsky.
Playing in his first game in over a month, Bobrovsky backstopped the Columbus Blue Jackets to a 4-3 shootout win on Monday, making 40 saves. The highlight clip below didn’t count as one of the 40, but instead it was a slick glove save off New York Rangers’ forward Rick Nash in the skills competition.
Nash scored twice in regulation, including a power play goal in the third period to help send it to overtime and the shootout. But he couldn’t beat Bobrovsky one-on-one.
“He was great. He plays well for us every night. He’s a big part of our team,” Blue Jackets defenseman Jack Johnson told NHL.com afterward. “We’re slowly getting healthier and healthier. It’s great to have your goalie back.”
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40