Jan 7, 2014, 12:40 AM EDT
Welcome back, Sergei Bobrovsky.
Playing in his first game in over a month, Bobrovsky backstopped the Columbus Blue Jackets to a 4-3 shootout win on Monday, making 40 saves. The highlight clip below didn’t count as one of the 40, but instead it was a slick glove save off New York Rangers’ forward Rick Nash in the skills competition.
Nash scored twice in regulation, including a power play goal in the third period to help send it to overtime and the shootout. But he couldn’t beat Bobrovsky one-on-one.
“He was great. He plays well for us every night. He’s a big part of our team,” Blue Jackets defenseman Jack Johnson told NHL.com afterward. “We’re slowly getting healthier and healthier. It’s great to have your goalie back.”
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 40
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)