Jan 7, 2014, 12:40 AM EDT
Welcome back, Sergei Bobrovsky.
Playing in his first game in over a month, Bobrovsky backstopped the Columbus Blue Jackets to a 4-3 shootout win on Monday, making 40 saves. The highlight clip below didn’t count as one of the 40, but instead it was a slick glove save off New York Rangers’ forward Rick Nash in the skills competition.
Nash scored twice in regulation, including a power play goal in the third period to help send it to overtime and the shootout. But he couldn’t beat Bobrovsky one-on-one.
“He was great. He plays well for us every night. He’s a big part of our team,” Blue Jackets defenseman Jack Johnson told NHL.com afterward. “We’re slowly getting healthier and healthier. It’s great to have your goalie back.”
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 2
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 7
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 29
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)