Jan 7, 2014, 12:40 AM EDT
Welcome back, Sergei Bobrovsky.
Playing in his first game in over a month, Bobrovsky backstopped the Columbus Blue Jackets to a 4-3 shootout win on Monday, making 40 saves. The highlight clip below didn’t count as one of the 40, but instead it was a slick glove save off New York Rangers’ forward Rick Nash in the skills competition.
Nash scored twice in regulation, including a power play goal in the third period to help send it to overtime and the shootout. But he couldn’t beat Bobrovsky one-on-one.
“He was great. He plays well for us every night. He’s a big part of our team,” Blue Jackets defenseman Jack Johnson told NHL.com afterward. “We’re slowly getting healthier and healthier. It’s great to have your goalie back.”
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 30
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5