Jan 7, 2014, 10:25 AM EST
There were few surprises as Austria announced its Olympic team for the 2014 Winter Olympics on Tuesday, as all three of the country’s NHLers — Thomas Vanek, Michael Grabner and Michael Raffl — were named to the squad.
The trio will be joined by ex-Rangers and Islanders defenseman Thomas Pock. Pock, 32, appeared in 118 career NHL contests between 2003-09, last suiting up for the Isles during the ’08-09 campaign.
Here is the team in full, per TSN:
Goaltenders: Bernhard Starkbaum, Rene Swette, Fabian Weinhandl.
Defence: Mario Altmann, Florian Iberer, Andre Lakos, Robert Lukas, Thomas Pock, Matthias Trattnig, Stefan Ulmer, Gerhard Unterluggauer.
Forwards: Michael Grabner, Raphael Herburger, Thomas Hundertpfund, Matthias Iberer, Thomas Koch, Andreas Kristler, Manuel Latusa, Brian Lebler, Daniel Oberkofler, Michael Raffl, Thomas Raffl, Oliver Setzinger, Thomas Vanek, Daniel Welser.
UPDATE: Fabian Weinhandl has been replaced with goaltender Mathias Lange. Andreas Kristler is also out, which created an opening for former Philadelphia Flyers and Carolina Hurricanes forward Andreas Nodl.
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 4
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 7
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 23
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 32
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2