Jan 7, 2014, 9:24 AM EDT
Fresh off winning the gold medal in the 2014 World Juniors, Team Finland revealed its 2014 Winter Olympic roster.
The big X-Factor for Finland will likely be Mikko Koivu, who might not be available for the games after suffering an ankle injury. His older brother, 39-year-old Anaheim Ducks forward Saku Koivu, was left off the team.
Here’s the Finnish roster in full:
Goaltenders: Kari Lehtonen, Antti Niemi, Tuukka Rask
Forwards: Juhamatti Aaltonen, Aleksander Barkov, Valtteri Filppula, Mikael Granlund, Jussi Jokinen, Olli Jokinen, Mikko Koivu, Leo Komarov, Petri Kontiola, Lauri Korpikoski, Jori Lehterä, Antti Pihlström, Tuomo Ruutu, Teemu Selänne
UPDATE: Team Finland have been put in a tough spot after losing both Mikko Koivu and Valtteri Filppula. They’ve been replaced by KHLers Jarkko Immonen and Sakari Salminen.
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 20
- All eyes on Lundqvist 9
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 9
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 27
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)