Jan 7, 2014, 9:24 AM EDT
Fresh off winning the gold medal in the 2014 World Juniors, Team Finland revealed its 2014 Winter Olympic roster.
The big X-Factor for Finland will likely be Mikko Koivu, who might not be available for the games after suffering an ankle injury. His older brother, 39-year-old Anaheim Ducks forward Saku Koivu, was left off the team.
Here’s the Finnish roster in full:
Goaltenders: Kari Lehtonen, Antti Niemi, Tuukka Rask
Forwards: Juhamatti Aaltonen, Aleksander Barkov, Valtteri Filppula, Mikael Granlund, Jussi Jokinen, Olli Jokinen, Mikko Koivu, Leo Komarov, Petri Kontiola, Lauri Korpikoski, Jori Lehterä, Antti Pihlström, Tuomo Ruutu, Teemu Selänne
UPDATE: Team Finland have been put in a tough spot after losing both Mikko Koivu and Valtteri Filppula. They’ve been replaced by KHLers Jarkko Immonen and Sakari Salminen.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 22
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 52
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39