Jan 7, 2014, 9:24 AM EDT
Fresh off winning the gold medal in the 2014 World Juniors, Team Finland revealed its 2014 Winter Olympic roster.
The big X-Factor for Finland will likely be Mikko Koivu, who might not be available for the games after suffering an ankle injury. His older brother, 39-year-old Anaheim Ducks forward Saku Koivu, was left off the team.
Here’s the Finnish roster in full:
Goaltenders: Kari Lehtonen, Antti Niemi, Tuukka Rask
Forwards: Juhamatti Aaltonen, Aleksander Barkov, Valtteri Filppula, Mikael Granlund, Jussi Jokinen, Olli Jokinen, Mikko Koivu, Leo Komarov, Petri Kontiola, Lauri Korpikoski, Jori Lehterä, Antti Pihlström, Tuomo Ruutu, Teemu Selänne
UPDATE: Team Finland have been put in a tough spot after losing both Mikko Koivu and Valtteri Filppula. They’ve been replaced by KHLers Jarkko Immonen and Sakari Salminen.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 0
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 9
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 17
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 13
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)