Jan 7, 2014, 9:24 AM EDT
Fresh off winning the gold medal in the 2014 World Juniors, Team Finland revealed its 2014 Winter Olympic roster.
The big X-Factor for Finland will likely be Mikko Koivu, who might not be available for the games after suffering an ankle injury. His older brother, 39-year-old Anaheim Ducks forward Saku Koivu, was left off the team.
Here’s the Finnish roster in full:
Goaltenders: Kari Lehtonen, Antti Niemi, Tuukka Rask
Forwards: Juhamatti Aaltonen, Aleksander Barkov, Valtteri Filppula, Mikael Granlund, Jussi Jokinen, Olli Jokinen, Mikko Koivu, Leo Komarov, Petri Kontiola, Lauri Korpikoski, Jori Lehterä, Antti Pihlström, Tuomo Ruutu, Teemu Selänne
UPDATE: Team Finland have been put in a tough spot after losing both Mikko Koivu and Valtteri Filppula. They’ve been replaced by KHLers Jarkko Immonen and Sakari Salminen.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22