Jan 7, 2014, 2:00 AM EDT
Jiri Hudler may have had a little added motivation Monday night.
After being snubbed by the Czech Olympic hockey team earlier in the day, Hudler scored once and added an assist to help the Flames snap a four-game losing streak and scoring slump with a 4-3 victory over the Colorado Avalanche.
Hudler scored in the second period to give Calgary a one-goal lead heading into the intermission, then added a helper on Michael Cammalleri‘s winning power-play goal with less than four minutes remaining in regulation time.
The offensive outburst from Calgary – with only 19 shots on Avalanche goalie Jean-Sebastien Giguere – came after the Flames had been shutout in three of their previous four games and outscored 10-1 in that four-game losing streak.
But leaving Hudler off the Czech team, despite his 35 points, left some with a sour taste. As per the Calgary Herald, Hudler did not talk to the media in the morning.
“No Hudler on that team? The Czechs must be favoured to win the gold medal because they must be awfully talented,” said Flames head coach Bob Hartley, as per the Calgary Herald.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)