Jan 7, 2014, 2:00 AM EDT
Jiri Hudler may have had a little added motivation Monday night.
After being snubbed by the Czech Olympic hockey team earlier in the day, Hudler scored once and added an assist to help the Flames snap a four-game losing streak and scoring slump with a 4-3 victory over the Colorado Avalanche.
Hudler scored in the second period to give Calgary a one-goal lead heading into the intermission, then added a helper on Michael Cammalleri‘s winning power-play goal with less than four minutes remaining in regulation time.
The offensive outburst from Calgary – with only 19 shots on Avalanche goalie Jean-Sebastien Giguere – came after the Flames had been shutout in three of their previous four games and outscored 10-1 in that four-game losing streak.
But leaving Hudler off the Czech team, despite his 35 points, left some with a sour taste. As per the Calgary Herald, Hudler did not talk to the media in the morning.
“No Hudler on that team? The Czechs must be favoured to win the gold medal because they must be awfully talented,” said Flames head coach Bob Hartley, as per the Calgary Herald.
- Tortorella calls meltdown ‘a kick in the teeth’ 0
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 7
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 35
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)