Jan 7, 2014, 11:42 PM EDT
Team Canada already has some injury worries on its collective mind, but what if Sidney Crosby is hurt, too? That situation is murky on Tuesday, as the Pittsburgh Penguins star is playing through what might be a foot injury against the Vancouver Canucks.
The moment started with Crosby taking an Evgeni Malkin shot off his foot, but controversy cropped up when Ryan Kesler might or might not have been up to no good. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s Seth Rorabaugh posted grainy video of the incident in question, for your own judgment:
The good news is that the 26-year-old star continued to play. The bad news is that onlookers including the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review’s Josh Yohe believe that he didn’t look quite right.
Goal came as a result of a terrible turnover from Crosby, who hasn’t looked right since taking shot to the foot.
— Josh Yohe (@JoshYohe_Trib) January 8, 2014
Uh oh. Does this mean any chippy moment between players from opposing nations will come with a conspiracy theory? Buckle up.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)