Jan 7, 2014, 11:42 PM EDT
Team Canada already has some injury worries on its collective mind, but what if Sidney Crosby is hurt, too? That situation is murky on Tuesday, as the Pittsburgh Penguins star is playing through what might be a foot injury against the Vancouver Canucks.
The moment started with Crosby taking an Evgeni Malkin shot off his foot, but controversy cropped up when Ryan Kesler might or might not have been up to no good. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s Seth Rorabaugh posted grainy video of the incident in question, for your own judgment:
The good news is that the 26-year-old star continued to play. The bad news is that onlookers including the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review’s Josh Yohe believe that he didn’t look quite right.
Goal came as a result of a terrible turnover from Crosby, who hasn’t looked right since taking shot to the foot.
— Josh Yohe (@JoshYohe_Trib) January 8, 2014
Uh oh. Does this mean any chippy moment between players from opposing nations will come with a conspiracy theory? Buckle up.
- Tortorella calls meltdown ‘a kick in the teeth’ 4
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 11
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 35
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)