Jan 7, 2014, 11:42 PM EDT
Team Canada already has some injury worries on its collective mind, but what if Sidney Crosby is hurt, too? That situation is murky on Tuesday, as the Pittsburgh Penguins star is playing through what might be a foot injury against the Vancouver Canucks.
The moment started with Crosby taking an Evgeni Malkin shot off his foot, but controversy cropped up when Ryan Kesler might or might not have been up to no good. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s Seth Rorabaugh posted grainy video of the incident in question, for your own judgment:
The good news is that the 26-year-old star continued to play. The bad news is that onlookers including the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review’s Josh Yohe believe that he didn’t look quite right.
Goal came as a result of a terrible turnover from Crosby, who hasn’t looked right since taking shot to the foot.
— Josh Yohe (@JoshYohe_Trib) January 8, 2014
Uh oh. Does this mean any chippy moment between players from opposing nations will come with a conspiracy theory? Buckle up.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 9
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 19
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 24
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 40
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 64
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (150)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (102)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)