Jan 7, 2014, 11:42 PM EDT
Team Canada already has some injury worries on its collective mind, but what if Sidney Crosby is hurt, too? That situation is murky on Tuesday, as the Pittsburgh Penguins star is playing through what might be a foot injury against the Vancouver Canucks.
The moment started with Crosby taking an Evgeni Malkin shot off his foot, but controversy cropped up when Ryan Kesler might or might not have been up to no good. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s Seth Rorabaugh posted grainy video of the incident in question, for your own judgment:
The good news is that the 26-year-old star continued to play. The bad news is that onlookers including the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review’s Josh Yohe believe that he didn’t look quite right.
Goal came as a result of a terrible turnover from Crosby, who hasn’t looked right since taking shot to the foot.
— Josh Yohe (@JoshYohe_Trib) January 8, 2014
Uh oh. Does this mean any chippy moment between players from opposing nations will come with a conspiracy theory? Buckle up.
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 62
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 26
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 6
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 5
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 14
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 63
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 25
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 91
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 19
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (91)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)