Jan 7, 2014, 11:42 PM EST
Team Canada already has some injury worries on its collective mind, but what if Sidney Crosby is hurt, too? That situation is murky on Tuesday, as the Pittsburgh Penguins star is playing through what might be a foot injury against the Vancouver Canucks.
The moment started with Crosby taking an Evgeni Malkin shot off his foot, but controversy cropped up when Ryan Kesler might or might not have been up to no good. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s Seth Rorabaugh posted grainy video of the incident in question, for your own judgment:
The good news is that the 26-year-old star continued to play. The bad news is that onlookers including the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review’s Josh Yohe believe that he didn’t look quite right.
Goal came as a result of a terrible turnover from Crosby, who hasn’t looked right since taking shot to the foot.
— Josh Yohe (@JoshYohe_Trib) January 8, 2014
Uh oh. Does this mean any chippy moment between players from opposing nations will come with a conspiracy theory? Buckle up.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 18
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5