Jan 7, 2014, 3:31 PM EDT
Winless in their last four games, the Vancouver Canucks will have a new face in the lineup tonight when they host the Pittsburgh Penguins — AHL call-up Darren Archibald goes in while wingers David Booth and Dale Weise come out as healthy scratches.
Winger Chris Higgins will also play after missing Sunday’s game in Anaheim due to the flu.
From The Province:
Booth has been in and out of coach John Tortorella’s doghouse already this season. He has played 19 straight games since being a healthy scratch for three straight games in November
This is Weise’s first healthy scratch. He’s played 22 games in a row since coming back from injury.
Booth politely declined comment. Weise admitted he was angry, but followed that up with, “if you find a guy who’s happy with being scratched, let me know.”
Archibald has 13 points in 24 games with AHL Utica this season. The 23-year-old registered two assists in eight games with the Canucks earlier this season, during which Tortorella said something rather telling…
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)