Jan 7, 2014, 3:31 PM EDT
Winless in their last four games, the Vancouver Canucks will have a new face in the lineup tonight when they host the Pittsburgh Penguins — AHL call-up Darren Archibald goes in while wingers David Booth and Dale Weise come out as healthy scratches.
Winger Chris Higgins will also play after missing Sunday’s game in Anaheim due to the flu.
From The Province:
Booth has been in and out of coach John Tortorella’s doghouse already this season. He has played 19 straight games since being a healthy scratch for three straight games in November
This is Weise’s first healthy scratch. He’s played 22 games in a row since coming back from injury.
Booth politely declined comment. Weise admitted he was angry, but followed that up with, “if you find a guy who’s happy with being scratched, let me know.”
Archibald has 13 points in 24 games with AHL Utica this season. The 23-year-old registered two assists in eight games with the Canucks earlier this season, during which Tortorella said something rather telling…
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 3
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 23
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 38
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)