Jan 7, 2014, 3:31 PM EDT
Winless in their last four games, the Vancouver Canucks will have a new face in the lineup tonight when they host the Pittsburgh Penguins — AHL call-up Darren Archibald goes in while wingers David Booth and Dale Weise come out as healthy scratches.
Winger Chris Higgins will also play after missing Sunday’s game in Anaheim due to the flu.
From The Province:
Booth has been in and out of coach John Tortorella’s doghouse already this season. He has played 19 straight games since being a healthy scratch for three straight games in November
This is Weise’s first healthy scratch. He’s played 22 games in a row since coming back from injury.
Booth politely declined comment. Weise admitted he was angry, but followed that up with, “if you find a guy who’s happy with being scratched, let me know.”
Archibald has 13 points in 24 games with AHL Utica this season. The 23-year-old registered two assists in eight games with the Canucks earlier this season, during which Tortorella said something rather telling…
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 23
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 94
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5