Jan 7, 2014, 3:31 PM EDT
Winless in their last four games, the Vancouver Canucks will have a new face in the lineup tonight when they host the Pittsburgh Penguins — AHL call-up Darren Archibald goes in while wingers David Booth and Dale Weise come out as healthy scratches.
Winger Chris Higgins will also play after missing Sunday’s game in Anaheim due to the flu.
From The Province:
Booth has been in and out of coach John Tortorella’s doghouse already this season. He has played 19 straight games since being a healthy scratch for three straight games in November
This is Weise’s first healthy scratch. He’s played 22 games in a row since coming back from injury.
Booth politely declined comment. Weise admitted he was angry, but followed that up with, “if you find a guy who’s happy with being scratched, let me know.”
Archibald has 13 points in 24 games with AHL Utica this season. The 23-year-old registered two assists in eight games with the Canucks earlier this season, during which Tortorella said something rather telling…
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 35
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 98
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 87
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 19
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (99)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)