Jan 7, 2014, 3:31 PM EDT
Winless in their last four games, the Vancouver Canucks will have a new face in the lineup tonight when they host the Pittsburgh Penguins — AHL call-up Darren Archibald goes in while wingers David Booth and Dale Weise come out as healthy scratches.
Winger Chris Higgins will also play after missing Sunday’s game in Anaheim due to the flu.
From The Province:
Booth has been in and out of coach John Tortorella’s doghouse already this season. He has played 19 straight games since being a healthy scratch for three straight games in November
This is Weise’s first healthy scratch. He’s played 22 games in a row since coming back from injury.
Booth politely declined comment. Weise admitted he was angry, but followed that up with, “if you find a guy who’s happy with being scratched, let me know.”
Archibald has 13 points in 24 games with AHL Utica this season. The 23-year-old registered two assists in eight games with the Canucks earlier this season, during which Tortorella said something rather telling…
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63