Jan 7, 2014, 2:36 PM EDT
Per the Post’s Adrian Dater, Guenin will make $750,000 next year and $850,000 the following season.
Guenin, 31, arrived in Denver this season with little fanfare, inking as a UFA in July, but made the team out of training camp and has been a pleasant surprise — he’s appeared in 38 games while notching four points and a team-high 86 blocked shots.
The veteran journeyman spent time in Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Columbus and Anaheim before landing with the Avs. Prior to this season, he’d never appeared in more than 15 games in a single season.
“Nate has been very consistent during the first half of the season,” Avs VP of hockey operations Joe Sakic said in a statement. “He has been a reliable member of our defense and we are pleased to have him under contract for the next couple of years.”
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)