Jan 7, 2014, 2:36 PM EDT
Per the Post’s Adrian Dater, Guenin will make $750,000 next year and $850,000 the following season.
Guenin, 31, arrived in Denver this season with little fanfare, inking as a UFA in July, but made the team out of training camp and has been a pleasant surprise — he’s appeared in 38 games while notching four points and a team-high 86 blocked shots.
The veteran journeyman spent time in Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Columbus and Anaheim before landing with the Avs. Prior to this season, he’d never appeared in more than 15 games in a single season.
“Nate has been very consistent during the first half of the season,” Avs VP of hockey operations Joe Sakic said in a statement. “He has been a reliable member of our defense and we are pleased to have him under contract for the next couple of years.”
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54