Jan 7, 2014, 2:36 PM EST
Per the Post’s Adrian Dater, Guenin will make $750,000 next year and $850,000 the following season.
Guenin, 31, arrived in Denver this season with little fanfare, inking as a UFA in July, but made the team out of training camp and has been a pleasant surprise — he’s appeared in 38 games while notching four points and a team-high 86 blocked shots.
The veteran journeyman spent time in Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Columbus and Anaheim before landing with the Avs. Prior to this season, he’d never appeared in more than 15 games in a single season.
“Nate has been very consistent during the first half of the season,” Avs VP of hockey operations Joe Sakic said in a statement. “He has been a reliable member of our defense and we are pleased to have him under contract for the next couple of years.”
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 0
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 28
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 96
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 11
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (96)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)