Jan 7, 2014, 2:36 PM EDT
Per the Post’s Adrian Dater, Guenin will make $750,000 next year and $850,000 the following season.
Guenin, 31, arrived in Denver this season with little fanfare, inking as a UFA in July, but made the team out of training camp and has been a pleasant surprise — he’s appeared in 38 games while notching four points and a team-high 86 blocked shots.
The veteran journeyman spent time in Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Columbus and Anaheim before landing with the Avs. Prior to this season, he’d never appeared in more than 15 games in a single season.
“Nate has been very consistent during the first half of the season,” Avs VP of hockey operations Joe Sakic said in a statement. “He has been a reliable member of our defense and we are pleased to have him under contract for the next couple of years.”
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 5
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 29
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 23
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)