Jan 7, 2014, 2:36 PM EST
Per the Post’s Adrian Dater, Guenin will make $750,000 next year and $850,000 the following season.
Guenin, 31, arrived in Denver this season with little fanfare, inking as a UFA in July, but made the team out of training camp and has been a pleasant surprise — he’s appeared in 38 games while notching four points and a team-high 86 blocked shots.
The veteran journeyman spent time in Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Columbus and Anaheim before landing with the Avs. Prior to this season, he’d never appeared in more than 15 games in a single season.
“Nate has been very consistent during the first half of the season,” Avs VP of hockey operations Joe Sakic said in a statement. “He has been a reliable member of our defense and we are pleased to have him under contract for the next couple of years.”
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 2
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 16
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)