Jan 6, 2014, 8:37 PM EST
Rangers forward Chris Kreider‘s had himself a tough couple of games.
After engaging in his first-ever NHL fight on Saturday — against Toronto captain Dion Phaneuf — Kreider was ejected from tonight’s game against Columbus after boarding Blue Jackets defenseman Fedor Tyutin:
The incident occurred right at the start of the second period, with Kreider getting a five minute major and game misconduct. Tyutin left for a good chunk of the period, returned for a shift, but then left the bench again.
Columbus capitalized at four-on-four — Brandon Dubinsky took a minor for jumping Kreider, and Cam Atkinson proceeded to score his 11th of the season — and then went up 3-1 late in the second period when James Wisniewski scored his third of the year.
Updated: Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch reported after the game that Tyutin suffered a Charley-horse type of injury.
Dec 18, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
So says Sharks coach Todd McLellan, who witnessed James Neal’s cannonball on Saturday.
Dec 18, 2014, 5:05 PM EST
The Kings have lost five of their last six.
Dec 18, 2014, 4:12 PM EST
For a sixth-round pick.
Dec 18, 2014, 3:58 PM EST
“This is our adversity,” says Paul Maurice.
Dec 18, 2014, 2:57 PM EST
The Minnesota Wild have to be frustrated.
Dec 18, 2014, 2:22 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Dec 18, 2014, 2:16 PM EST
“Hopefully he can get in there and find his game.”
Dec 18, 2014, 1:42 PM EST
The Oilers’ farm team could be moving west in 2015-16.
Dec 18, 2014, 1:38 PM EST
Joins Jacob Trouba, Zach Bogosian and Tobias Enstrom on the shelf.
Dec 18, 2014, 12:58 PM EST
“Sometimes it’s one step forward and two steps back.”
Dec 18, 2014, 12:28 PM EST
With a hairline fracture in his ankle.
Dec 18, 2014, 12:13 PM EST
Along with builder Fran Rider, and former Swedish international Maria Rooth.
Dec 18, 2014, 11:59 AM EST
Former 20-goal scorer — and Stanley Cup winner — has been a bust in Nashville.
Dec 18, 2014, 11:51 AM EST
“It’s a pretty simple game I play, and if they’re not a fan of it, I’ve got to play somewhere else, I guess.”
Dec 18, 2014, 11:36 AM EST
Where he’ll play alongside Rangers forward Anthony Duclair.
Dec 18, 2014, 11:32 AM EST
The 21-year-old had three points in four games.
Dec 18, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Thomas Greiss is being isolated in case he also has the ailment.
Dec 18, 2014, 9:49 AM EST
“He respected all of you unconditionally.”
Dec 18, 2014, 8:34 AM EST
Thursday’s collection of links.
Dec 18, 2014, 2:25 AM EST
Vancouver has now lost a season-high five straight.
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 4
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 22
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21