Jan 6, 2014, 8:37 PM EST
Rangers forward Chris Kreider‘s had himself a tough couple of games.
After engaging in his first-ever NHL fight on Saturday — against Toronto captain Dion Phaneuf — Kreider was ejected from tonight’s game against Columbus after boarding Blue Jackets defenseman Fedor Tyutin:
The incident occurred right at the start of the second period, with Kreider getting a five minute major and game misconduct. Tyutin left for a good chunk of the period, returned for a shift, but then left the bench again.
Columbus capitalized at four-on-four — Brandon Dubinsky took a minor for jumping Kreider, and Cam Atkinson proceeded to score his 11th of the season — and then went up 3-1 late in the second period when James Wisniewski scored his third of the year.
Updated: Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch reported after the game that Tyutin suffered a Charley-horse type of injury.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)