Jan 6, 2014, 8:37 PM EST
Rangers forward Chris Kreider‘s had himself a tough couple of games.
After engaging in his first-ever NHL fight on Saturday — against Toronto captain Dion Phaneuf — Kreider was ejected from tonight’s game against Columbus after boarding Blue Jackets defenseman Fedor Tyutin:
The incident occurred right at the start of the second period, with Kreider getting a five minute major and game misconduct. Tyutin left for a good chunk of the period, returned for a shift, but then left the bench again.
Columbus capitalized at four-on-four — Brandon Dubinsky took a minor for jumping Kreider, and Cam Atkinson proceeded to score his 11th of the season — and then went up 3-1 late in the second period when James Wisniewski scored his third of the year.
Updated: Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch reported after the game that Tyutin suffered a Charley-horse type of injury.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)