Jan 6, 2014, 8:37 PM EST
Rangers forward Chris Kreider‘s had himself a tough couple of games.
After engaging in his first-ever NHL fight on Saturday — against Toronto captain Dion Phaneuf — Kreider was ejected from tonight’s game against Columbus after boarding Blue Jackets defenseman Fedor Tyutin:
The incident occurred right at the start of the second period, with Kreider getting a five minute major and game misconduct. Tyutin left for a good chunk of the period, returned for a shift, but then left the bench again.
Columbus capitalized at four-on-four — Brandon Dubinsky took a minor for jumping Kreider, and Cam Atkinson proceeded to score his 11th of the season — and then went up 3-1 late in the second period when James Wisniewski scored his third of the year.
Updated: Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch reported after the game that Tyutin suffered a Charley-horse type of injury.
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 0
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 28
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 27
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 37
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)