Jan 6, 2014, 8:37 PM EST
Rangers forward Chris Kreider‘s had himself a tough couple of games.
After engaging in his first-ever NHL fight on Saturday — against Toronto captain Dion Phaneuf — Kreider was ejected from tonight’s game against Columbus after boarding Blue Jackets defenseman Fedor Tyutin:
The incident occurred right at the start of the second period, with Kreider getting a five minute major and game misconduct. Tyutin left for a good chunk of the period, returned for a shift, but then left the bench again.
Columbus capitalized at four-on-four — Brandon Dubinsky took a minor for jumping Kreider, and Cam Atkinson proceeded to score his 11th of the season — and then went up 3-1 late in the second period when James Wisniewski scored his third of the year.
Updated: Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch reported after the game that Tyutin suffered a Charley-horse type of injury.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)