Jan 6, 2014, 12:21 PM EDT
Skinner getting first star honors was a no-brainer, as he led all skaters with six goals and nine points as the ‘Canes ripped off their first four-game winning streak of the season. Skinner, 21, scored 2G-1A in a win over Montreal, recorded a hat trick against Washington, notched one assist against the Islanders, then scored the game-winning goal against Nashville on Sunday.
Elliott, the second star of the week, filled in admirably for Jaroslav Halak (illness) by posting a 3-0-0 record with a 1.00 GAA and .962 save percentage as the Blues maintained their hold on second in the Central Division, and recorded the best 41-game start in franchise history (29-7-5). The highlight of Elliott’s week came with a 5-0 shutout of Los Angeles — it was his 15th shutout with St. Louis, one shy of tying Glenn Hall for second-most in club history.
Suter, the third star, led all NHL defensemen with four goals and tied for first with six points. Suter did most of his damage in a pair of wins, recording two assists in a 4-1 victory over Buffalo and notching his first career hat trick in a 5-3 win over Washington. The hatty was extra special as Suter only needed three shots to do it.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)