Jan 6, 2014, 12:21 PM EDT
Skinner getting first star honors was a no-brainer, as he led all skaters with six goals and nine points as the ‘Canes ripped off their first four-game winning streak of the season. Skinner, 21, scored 2G-1A in a win over Montreal, recorded a hat trick against Washington, notched one assist against the Islanders, then scored the game-winning goal against Nashville on Sunday.
Elliott, the second star of the week, filled in admirably for Jaroslav Halak (illness) by posting a 3-0-0 record with a 1.00 GAA and .962 save percentage as the Blues maintained their hold on second in the Central Division, and recorded the best 41-game start in franchise history (29-7-5). The highlight of Elliott’s week came with a 5-0 shutout of Los Angeles — it was his 15th shutout with St. Louis, one shy of tying Glenn Hall for second-most in club history.
Suter, the third star, led all NHL defensemen with four goals and tied for first with six points. Suter did most of his damage in a pair of wins, recording two assists in a 4-1 victory over Buffalo and notching his first career hat trick in a 5-3 win over Washington. The hatty was extra special as Suter only needed three shots to do it.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)