Jan 6, 2014, 12:21 PM EDT
Skinner getting first star honors was a no-brainer, as he led all skaters with six goals and nine points as the ‘Canes ripped off their first four-game winning streak of the season. Skinner, 21, scored 2G-1A in a win over Montreal, recorded a hat trick against Washington, notched one assist against the Islanders, then scored the game-winning goal against Nashville on Sunday.
Elliott, the second star of the week, filled in admirably for Jaroslav Halak (illness) by posting a 3-0-0 record with a 1.00 GAA and .962 save percentage as the Blues maintained their hold on second in the Central Division, and recorded the best 41-game start in franchise history (29-7-5). The highlight of Elliott’s week came with a 5-0 shutout of Los Angeles — it was his 15th shutout with St. Louis, one shy of tying Glenn Hall for second-most in club history.
Suter, the third star, led all NHL defensemen with four goals and tied for first with six points. Suter did most of his damage in a pair of wins, recording two assists in a 4-1 victory over Buffalo and notching his first career hat trick in a 5-3 win over Washington. The hatty was extra special as Suter only needed three shots to do it.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 1
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 5
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 9
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)