Jan 6, 2014, 12:21 PM EDT
Skinner getting first star honors was a no-brainer, as he led all skaters with six goals and nine points as the ‘Canes ripped off their first four-game winning streak of the season. Skinner, 21, scored 2G-1A in a win over Montreal, recorded a hat trick against Washington, notched one assist against the Islanders, then scored the game-winning goal against Nashville on Sunday.
Elliott, the second star of the week, filled in admirably for Jaroslav Halak (illness) by posting a 3-0-0 record with a 1.00 GAA and .962 save percentage as the Blues maintained their hold on second in the Central Division, and recorded the best 41-game start in franchise history (29-7-5). The highlight of Elliott’s week came with a 5-0 shutout of Los Angeles — it was his 15th shutout with St. Louis, one shy of tying Glenn Hall for second-most in club history.
Suter, the third star, led all NHL defensemen with four goals and tied for first with six points. Suter did most of his damage in a pair of wins, recording two assists in a 4-1 victory over Buffalo and notching his first career hat trick in a 5-3 win over Washington. The hatty was extra special as Suter only needed three shots to do it.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 6
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 33
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 55
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (55)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)