Jan 6, 2014, 4:59 PM EST
It feels like we wrote this exact same post a couple of weeks ago, but whatever — as Roberto Luongo deals with an injury and speculation flies about his health status for the upcoming Olympics, the Vancouver Canucks have recalled goalie Joacim Eriksson from the AHL’s Utica Comets.
For the time being, Eriksson will back up Luongo’s back-up, Eddie Lack.
What’s the latest on Luongo’s ankle injury? Here’s TSN’s James Duthie:
So that sounds like good news, relatively speaking.
Winless in their last four, the Canucks will host the Penguins Tuesday and the Blues Friday before heading back to SoCal for a couple of games versus the Kings and Ducks, both of whom beat Vancouver this past weekend.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11